Huge

Weber 32 DGV 7A - Can it be saved?

Hello this morning I’ve taken off my Weber 32 DGV 7A for a clean up & fit service kit never taken one off b4 or cleaned it & carb looks ‘orrible!!

A6FD7FC3-143B-470D-BE2C-19F86EA47040.jpeg

146259BF-C213-4B73-BA4A-F78CA8BED0B1.jpeg

F8CCBCFC-6F3C-4117-AF35-86350AFB3906.jpeg

C22D4983-FF78-4EE5-8A99-7C89F1B3230F.jpeg

Cellulose thinners cleans carbs up well, don't get it on rubber/plastic bits, blow the jets out, and the carb body orifices with compressed air, fit the service kit.   

• Thanks 1

As a biker, carbs are always an issue so a lot of us just pass go and directly to an ultrasonic bath - get the jets out so fluid can get into the drillings and the results can be remarkable - won't hurt plastic or rubber either. If you want good external clean / finish then soda media blasting is excellent & can be cleaned out with water.

• Thanks 1

agree with Katana, you need an ultrasonic bath, tomorrow I can post an exploded view parts list for you, it wont just be down to a kit tho, the butterfiy spindle bores in the main casing I bet will be worn as well, parts are available from web tec, and on e bay you can get sealed bearings to repair the lower butterflies, but setting them up to shut correctly isn't easy if you dont know how, if the choke one is bad though, its not repairable and a new top from web tec will be needed, fast road cars also hold a few parts that web tec no longer do, and the bases normally warp and need facing off

• Thanks 1

Ok nice1 thanks. Got the service kit on standby & have ordered a Power Diaphragm cos mine is shot. I’m in u/k territory here so lots of info to digest eg no idea Re Ultrasonic Baths / Web tec / spindle bores or how I’d know if choke was bad let alone how I set the Carb up if I ever get it back on! ......Anyway this is the only way to learn 🤔👍 Guess I won’t b driving the car tomorrow 😂😂

your not really that far from me tbh, so if you want to come over to mine with it, I would be glad to help and go through it with you, you can use my ultrasonic bath as well

That’s proper kind thank you! I’d really appreciate that and I’ll PM you later. 

• Like 1

Some pics of 32DGV refurb progress 👍 now thinking I need some sort of Air Compressor / media blast cabinet etc & to research ultrasonic  to become self sufficient???

52944016-54E3-4C3B-B33F-CA05C11A7057.jpeg

B5317C18-ED52-4EC1-95C6-72362EF76EDB.jpeg

C8BC9056-364A-4F74-9A0A-23786A7AB16B.jpeg

46AD9502-DF3D-4EBC-9913-6B7BDF75BE16.jpeg

0430E642-DAB5-4651-8DD9-BC686C79F045.jpeg

Believe me, i've seen an awful lot worst. But agree, without air assistance the process will be 'harder'

Old Skool ghetto air source for such a job was - don't larf! - a truck inner tube with about 50-60psi in it, its enough when used through a narrow airline and nozzle - takes some work with a bicycle pump though LOL!

• Haha 1

It doesn't have to be clinically clean outside or inside, it just needs a clear filter, all the orifices clear, and no lumps of crud inside.

aerosol carb cleaner, is a good alterative to compressed air.  

• Thanks 1

Nice one think I’ve been trying to sterilise it! Carb is clean now but the service kit contains an all brass needle valve whereas the one I’ve taken out of the carb has a rubber Viton tip - should I replace it?

E653BF2C-DAF6-4333-A616-8A0A40EF888D.jpeg

1AC86EDF-DFFE-4A7B-AA80-5E847F85A750.jpeg

0E0FE717-0CE7-47A8-9489-A15959A03D93.jpeg

7E4A9119-C4B6-41CA-A8D2-18C992057E64.jpeg

That looks very clean.

I would keep the viton one , or replace with viton , they are a bit more forgiving that the brass ones.

• Thanks 1

Ok - Carb re-built got a couple of questions. Can someone please confirm this is the Mix screw? (Pic 2) Any advice b4 actually trying it? Thanks

8F2B3CE6-3EC5-432D-BB2F-05E340F8A01B.jpeg

FD7AADB2-926C-4F08-83B7-0ED85F73EEB0.jpeg

Help please.....Carb refitted & car started! Sounds fab BUT on starting the engine revs go straight to 3000RPM and won’t come down!! 

Check for air leaks, and check if you put the Venturi flaps back correctly, and check the tick over screw.

Most likely to be Venturi flaps not fitted correctly , and a bit open , or the favourite is air leaks.

Just put the torch down the chambers & the Venturi flaps are at a slight angle and open by a couple of Mill they are not flush 🤔

1 minute ago, Huge said:

Just put the torch down the chambers & the Venturi flaps are at a slight angle and open by a couple of Mill they are not flush 🤔

If the throttle stop screw is wound right off, both flaps should be closed .

There is probably a setting for them, but I don't know what it is.

Certainly the 2nd choke flap won't open untill the 1st one is 3/4 open.

So I guess it's the second choke flap being slightly open that's your problem.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Johnny Boy you were spot on! Just taken the carb off & taken both Venturi flaps out & re-fitted them this time more precisely and more central. Car started & revved normally. Proper looking forward to a toad test tomorrow - Thanks again Huge

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Huge said:

Thanks Johnny Boy you were spot on! Just taken the carb off & taken both Venturi flaps out & re-fitted them this time more precisely and more central. Car started & revved normally. Proper looking forward to a toad test tomorrow - Thanks again Huge

Glad I could be of help.

Make sure the screws that hold them can't come out.

Looks like you’ve done a nice job on that carb Huge, I could tell by the pics you don’t normally get to involved as you hands haven’t got grimed in dirt lol (won’t be long and they will be like the rest of us haha)

• Like 1

A couple o road tests & carb tuning sessions completed & the car has never accelerated as quick! Not 100% smooth running yet but that’s WIP. Thanks to all for help here’s the finished Carb + schematic. Huge

E3BD018F-A006-4D73-89BB-B726D9190973.jpeg

46044C90-41E5-4F03-B50E-26029E803E70.jpeg

Always good when you get a positive result m8....great work

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1