Mk2 Cortina 1300 Deluxe

After much soul searching, I have decided to sell my Mk2 Cortina to fund a more family-friendly project.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0abaf1028cecce97imageproxy.php?img=&key=0abaf1028cecce97imageproxy.php?img=&key=0abaf1028cecce97It is a 1300 Deluxe 4-door with bench front seat. It used to be an automatic, which might explain the bench seat. The previous owner converted it to manual, using a cable clutch – basically because they had a Capri lying about! Other than that, it is pretty much standard 1300 Cortina. I have spent the last 18 months slowly renovating with the intention of it being weekend family / fun transport.

While under my ownership, I have fitted the following:

- New radiator & hoses

- New water pump

- Exhaust manifold

- NOS exhaust (except back box)

- New plugs

- New leads

- New Sparkrite high energy coil

- New choke cable

- New Aldon electronic ignition

- New inertia reel seat belts (4x) plus lap belt for middle rear

- New electric windscreen washer

- New fuel pump and filter

- New tie rod (O/S)

It drives and stops. I was driving it locally pre-lockdown, much to the, erm, amusement of my daughters!

The strut tops look solid. There is some rust around the O/SR wheel arch, as well as some other, smaller patches here and there. The heater doesn’t work – I’ve not investigated why yet, but it doesn’t leak. The speedo needs connecting properly – I was saving that job until later on.

I have almost certainly forgotten something, so just ask. I had a (sporadic) thread running for the slow build. I’ll add a link, for interest.

Asking £3800

My intention had been to build it up over a fairly lengthy period with a few modifications along the way. So, I also have a reasonable haul of spares in my shed, which I will either sell separately or could be included with the car for the right price:

-        1200 gearbox (with pudding stirrer gear stick) ex-Anglia 105E, I think

-        Bellhousing

-        1600E rear leaf springs

-        1600E/GT exhaust manifold

-        Std cast manifolds (I think I have two spare)

-        1600E/GT inlet manifold

-        28/36 DCD Weber carb with service kit (except filter)

-        Throttle linkage

-        New front coil springs (-2”)

-        Steering box

-        Variety of steering components

-        Exhaust back box

-        Clutch master cylinder

-        Original (non-inertia reel) front seat belts

-        Few odds & ends: speedo circlip, engine bay decals (1300GT), Mk3 Cortina propshaft(doesn’t fit the Mk2!)

DSC_0020(c).JPG

DSC_0042(c).JPG

DSC_0041(c).JPG

DSC_0040(c).JPG

DSC_0039(c).JPG

DSC_0038(c).JPG

DSC_0037(c).JPG

DSC_0036(c).JPG

DSC_0021(c).JPG

• Like 1

🤣

Yeah, it's done quite well staying where it is - I'm not sure our local ne'er-do-wells know what to do with it. They seem more interested in nicking cats (the exhaust kind, not our furry friends) - friend of mine has had five nicked from the same car!

Yep, it was to be my long-term project, but apparently other members of my family want to go on holiday, or some such!