Oval Evolution - Ford Oval Badges - Blimey how many differences are there?!

3 minutes ago, chinkamon said:

I've only got 1 ford badge on my MK1 cortina, an only on 1 side, although I seen there's quite a few with just 1 badge? Coincidence or on purpose?? Also to upset you more, mines square ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Screenshot_20210414_193351_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

They only fitted one badge on the Tina, see cost cutting started a long time ago...lol

11 hours ago, colr6 said:

Iโ€™ve just got a couple of your last pic from mk2 mania, certainly not a crisp Ford emblem plus they are a darker blue to 60/70s cars as what theyโ€™re advertised ย to fit.

Yes I did notice they were incredibly dark. They almost look black sometimes in photos. I could probably cope with that though but the odd placement of the Ford wording is just a but too dodgy for me.

ย 

9 hours ago, Mash said:

How about these on the bay at the moment?

Ford Oval

They are the right size so I probably should purchase one to expand to my list. If you look closely though they are like the last ones on my list that you see on Ka's and later. They arent as bulbous but its more like a flat enameled badge with no acrylic covering which gives depth to a silver or chrome Ford script underneath whereas an enameled badge the blue and silver ford script are both at the same surface level.

ย 

5 hours ago, chinkamon said:

I've only got 1 ford badge on my MK1 cortina, an only on 1 side, although I seen there's quite a few with just 1 badge? Coincidence or on purpose?? Also to upset you more, mines square ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I only started with the more common 114mm x 45mm ovals but in time it may be worth expanding the thread to include wing badges like yours and the sill type you see on OSF's of the period.

• Like 2