Nec

mk2 ben

As it stands at the moment, looking at the NEC web site, they are planning for the show to go ahead, so im guessing the regulations must have either been relaxed, or they are living in hopes of it, however Old Skool Ford at this stage have not been offered a stand pitch as yet, im guessing this may be down to the fact they might be downsizing the show this year to be able to comply with the regulations to hold it, but thats only me guessing from what they've written, they are certainly restricting public entrance considerably, so much so , I cannot see it viable to have 6 halls going like in previous years, we think they base the pitch offer on the discount code tickets sold from the previous year, and the Old Skool Ford member take up for that last year, was exceptionally low to say the least, and they did mention this to us last year

we also have a couple of other issues, the 2 of us that have run it the last 2 years, and were due to do so this year, are at high risk, of have family in a high risk situation, and we cant afford to be in a situation of putting us and our family at risk, and this event is going to be around the time the second wave is expected

time is running out for getting things organised if it was to go ahead for osf, as firstly, it will need someone to stand in for organising it this year, and finding someone to stand in at short notice isn't easy, but if someone wishes to volunteer should it happen, then please let Kellye know, but be prepared that anyone willing to take on the task or to stay at the show whilst their car is on display, I would think would have to wear a mask the entire time they are in the building, so basically 10 hours a day for 3.5-4 days, not a nice thought in itself tbh, and hotels aren't cheap either

cars on display, that's another thing that has not been organised as yet due to the situation, initially we had a full stand for this years show, and that was before the last show even ended, but at this minute, because of the situation, theres not one car to display now, and that could prove harder than finding someone to organise it

we will keep you updated as and when we know what is going on

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ray said:

As it stands at the moment, looking at the NEC web site, they are planning for the show to go ahead, so im guessing the regulations must have either been relaxed, or they are living in hopes of it, however Old Skool Ford at this stage have not been offered a stand pitch as yet, im guessing this may be down to the fact they might be downsizing the show this year to be able to comply with the regulations to hold it, but thats only me guessing from what they've written, they are certainly restricting public entrance considerably, so much so , I cannot see it viable to have 6 halls going like in previous years, we think they base the pitch offer on the discount code tickets sold from the previous year, and the Old Skool Ford member take up for that last year, was exceptionally low to say the least, and they did mention this to us last year

we also have a couple of other issues, the 2 of us that have run it the last 2 years, and were due to do so this year, are at high risk, of have family in a high risk situation, and we cant afford to be in a situation of putting us and our family at risk, and this event is going to be around the time the second wave is expected

time is running out for getting things organised if it was to go ahead for osf, as firstly, it will need someone to stand in for organising it this year, and finding someone to stand in at short notice isn't easy, but if someone wishes to volunteer should it happen, then please let Kellye know, but be prepared that anyone willing to take on the task or to stay at the show whilst their car is on display, I would think would have to wear a mask the entire time they are in the building, so basically 10 hours a day for 3.5-4 days, not a nice thought in itself tbh, and hotels aren't cheap either

cars on display, that's another thing that has not been organised as yet due to the situation, initially we had a full stand for this years show, and that was before the last show even ended, but at this minute, because of the situation, theres not one car to display now, and that could prove harder than finding someone to organise it

we will keep you updated as and when we know what is going on

Thank you for your update Ray, and for running the stand there for a few years. Personally I would can it for this year.

As regards take up of the code, as we've discussed in the past, the take up on the discount code was low because it was only given to contributing members on here. This was my understanding of what the organisers wanted. 

33 minutes ago, Vista said:

Thank you for your update Ray, and for running the stand there for a few years. Personally I would can it for this year.

As regards take up of the code, as we've discussed in the past, the take up on the discount code was low because it was only given to contributing members on here. This was my understanding of what the organisers wanted. 

Hi Scott

tbh, I think Kellye and I had come to the conclusion its not going to happen this year, but we were trying to let them take the lead on it rather than us, then hopefully we will be back with a vengeance next year

with regards to the code, I do have a few ideas on that one, but we can deal with that next year :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

just an update, today kellye got the e-mail from the nec offering us a pich, which we have officially declined given the situation, tbh, I would be very surprised if this event actually goes ahead, as the restrictions, I would think we are the first of a big line of refusals

also this year theres no live stage, the 4 main tv restoration programs appear to have pitches in hall 5 though, so I assume just displaying past works, and they intended to put us in the far corner, right in the corner, where what would have been back stage of the live stage, with and area each end against the wall that we couldn't use, as these were/are a pillar and electrical outlets, this giving 2 un useable areas, they recommended to only display 4 cars to be able to adhere to covid restrictions, but I think size wise we would have been down to 3 short cars, and a stand that no one would have visited due to its location

a shame, but hopefully next year we will be back with a vengeance, and a better pitch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Ray said:

just got an e-mail this afternoon to say this event has now been cancelled, the e-mail says tickets can be transferred to another show, but theres no mention of a refund

I believe this, regarding ticket refunds, is becoming more common in the current climate - but law is quite specific, if the organiser cannot put the show on or has cancelled the original dates, then that forms a breach of contract and a full monetary refund is due. Taking an alternative reduces your legal remedy ie. if they go bust you lose any chance of refund.

• Like 1