Jump to content
Rally Pack 2000

Hot Day in England

Recommended Posts

I heard you guys were having a hot day at 37 Degrees C. You must be melting!!? LOL (We get that in Autumn :wink:)

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/weather/it-s-the-hottest-day-temperatures-soar-to-36-8c-in-heathrow-and-it-could-get-hotter/ar-BB17pICQ?ocid=mailsignout

Hope your getting the cars out then for nice Summer drives this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

I heard you guys were having a hot day at 37 Degrees C. You must be melting!!? LOL (We get that in Autumn :wink:)

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/weather/it-s-the-hottest-day-temperatures-soar-to-36-8c-in-heathrow-and-it-could-get-hotter/ar-BB17pICQ?ocid=mailsignout

Hope your getting the cars out then for nice Summer drives this weekend.

Raining here in Cornwall.

It usually starts immediately that all the grockles hitch up their caravans / jump in their motorhomes and head down here for their summer holidays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been hotter than Kylie's shorts today, I don't mind it when it warms up gradually, but not nearly 20 deg overnight, the thermal shock is too much for this Northern Monkey. This temperature in autumn and giant boxing mice, you live in a strange place James😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to 34 in my cab today, it wasn’t the temp that was the problem it was the miles of tail backs starting from 9am and continuing till late afternoon. Had to do some naughty things to get round them on diversionary routes....lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vista said:

Raining here in Cornwall.

It usually starts immediately that all the grockles hitch up their caravans / jump in their motorhomes and head down here for their summer holidays.

We had a few days of rain this week which is more than the tradition 5 minute showers which has been really good. There will be enough water to wash the cars now.

 

Bonnywalk1.thumb.jpg.603ad79047a8e4567df13072fad00de0.jpg

Rainbowsatriver.thumb.jpg.7deea7246ba22d00b662d08bb426b3c5.jpg

What's a grockle? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, accord83 said:

It's been hotter than Kylie's shorts today, I don't mind it when it warms up gradually, but not nearly 20 deg overnight, the thermal shock is too much for this Northern Monkey. This temperature in autumn and giant boxing mice, you live in a strange place James😁

It doesn't seem that strange when you get used to it and some things there are just as strange to us like badgers and that white grass thingy you do during Winter. It only gets weird when they use up all the dunny paper during the virus panic buying shortage but I imagine your badgers do something similar?

ToiletKangaroo1.jpg.898fac0feb43783bd8e0304b121b59f1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, meXEco said:

A grockle is an emmet.

LOL but that raises the question then what's an emmet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha-both Southwestern terms for tourists-emmet comes from the old English/Cornish term for 'ants'.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hot here this morning. I'm working from home today, so decided to wash Betty's car at lunchtime. Its Black Pearl in colour, so this wasn't the best decision. 

Clay mitt was a no go, then clay bar melted on the A pillar, which led to me overrunning my lunch. 

Cooled off a bit through the afternoon, so went out for a bike ride when I clocked off. Still got a sweat on though. Hadn't Cooled off as much as I thought. 

Raining now... 😁

Screenshot_20200731_202010_com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...