for the mockers and disbelievers

eeb43

Re Daisy (47yrs old) - 6yrs ago I had to send off my V5 to have the tax class changed to Historic to ‘qualify/register’ for £0 tax.

I did nothing else Re MOT & for the last 3yrs I’ve driven her without a MOT, it is only 2 days ago I took her for an MOT £39 & she passed. (Hope this helps or have I missed something?!)

8B7D7856-FA52-4733-AC52-D35441DFD1C3.jpeg

20 minutes ago, dt36 said:

My MOT runs out on the 9th.  Car is now on historic tax.

Think I'll make a phone call now to see if I can get it done today on my day off, just for peace of mind.

Edit:  Booked in for tomorrow at 10am.

Like this! So you’re on pre-MOT checks today, good luck & let us know how you get on 👍

5 hours ago, Huge said:

Like this! So you’re on pre-MOT checks today, good luck & let us know how you get on 👍

Had the car out twice today.  First was a general run out for petrol and tyre pressures.  Car is driving well.

Did a general once over earlier, checking lights, wipers washers etc.  All good.  Left it there and did a bit of work to the inside of my garden shed, lining the inside with membrane and boarding it with marine ply.

Just took car out for second run down to the builders yard for more screws. Got a few flashes from an MGB and a nice convertible E36. 

Think it's ready and should pinch through the test :-)

• Like 1

Stupid question. My car is taxed well into next year, but it's MOT has recently expired. How am I suppose to declare it MOT exempt when a V112 needs to be handed in to the post office during the taxing process? I'm happy to have it MOT'd, but was hoping to avoid it this year.

Surely if its 40 and tax exempt and you intend to declare it MOT exempt next tax time it makes no difference. If it isn't MOT exempt (due to mods) NOW then it needs a ticket regardless. Blame the DVLA for combining a once a year MOT declaration together with an annual tax demand and not realising the two don't necessarily coincide! Morons!

Do the 2 (Tax/MOT) really need to be done at the same time for the first time? If your car is over 40yrs (from date of manufacture) it is Historic & qualifies for £0 tax. 
Maybe you need to SORN it now then on 1st Sept Tax it & submit V112 at the same time!

I don’t know cos I’m crazy.........

On 07/08/2020 at 10:05, Huge said:

Another ticket, no advisories. 😁

Little bit of oil on one side of the sump. Looks to be coming from the back of the oil cooler sandwich plate. Nothing serious, but I'll order up a new o-ring anyway. 

I know we've been on lockdown and had 5 mile travel restrictions this year, but only done 168 miles since last MOT. 

• Thanks 1

On 08/08/2020 at 12:40, dt36 said:

Another ticket, no advisories. 😁

Little bit of oil on one side of the sump. Looks to be coming from the back of the oil cooler sandwich plate. Nothing serious, but I'll order up a new o-ring anyway. 

I know we've been on lockdown and had 5 mile travel restrictions this year, but only done 168 miles since last MOT. 

Your car has been on axle stands for 11.5 months lol

• Haha 1