Jump to content

Brand new Mk 2 Escort...........


Recommended Posts

Hmmmm, I see Motorsport Tools are now advertising their brand new Mk2, built from the ground up put through IVA and registered as a 70 plate. Lovely, but not for me really even if I did have the spare wonga.

Any thoughts guys?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If my numbers came up I'd definitely have one to nip around in while I give my car to Carey @notenoughtime  for a full resto. 

Is it a Mk2 Escort? No. 

Is it a nice rep build? Yes. 

I suppose its similar to buying a Caterham 520s really. I might get one of those as well or even a 620r.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/caterham/seven-620r

After Carey has finished my Mk2, I'm then going to get him to build me a 4WD Mk1 Fez, using a Mk3 Focus RS as a complete donor. 

Dreaming the life... 😁

Credit where its due to Motorsport-tools for this build. 

Edited by dt36
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dt36 said:

After Carey has finished my Mk2, I'm then going to get him to build me a 4WD Mk1 Fez, using a Mk3 Focus RS as a complete donor. 

Dreaming the life... 😁

 

Ohhhhh get him to do two cause I want one of those. Work out a 2 for 1 type deal I think and I'll go you halves!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice bit of kit....lot of money tho. If you got a spare 60-70k then ok I suppose.....not sure I would tho.
MST 20 miles down the road to me....been there a couple of times for parts during my build.


Sent from my Hammer_Energy_18x9 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to be a sheep, but if he could manage to add me to the list that would bring the price down a bit more 😁. As it happens I have all the running gear from a Mk 3 focus RS, gearbox, transfer box, prop, complete rear axle/subframe and front disks and calipers which I could throw in. Was going to use the rear end to create a RWD Focus Mk 1, but after I bought it I suddenly realised that the rear diff is electronic wizardry that doesn't actually do anything unless it's plugged into a computer. Stupid boy Pike!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Ahhhh that's why I couldn't find it. I don't do FB. Look forward to hearing more about it though.

Pretty much everything, bar the brand new finished car:

https://www.motorsport-tools.com/specials.html

 

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/retro/brand-new-mk2-escort-rally-car

 

Edited by dt36
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mash said:

Hate to be a sheep, but if he could manage to add me to the list that would bring the price down a bit more 😁. As it happens I have all the running gear from a Mk 3 focus RS, gearbox, transfer box, prop, complete rear axle/subframe and front disks and calipers which I could throw in. Was going to use the rear end to create a RWD Focus Mk 1, but after I bought it I suddenly realised that the rear diff is electronic wizardry that doesn't actually do anything unless it's plugged into a computer. Stupid boy Pike!

Just taking up space in your garage. 

Why don't you offload it all to me, dirt cheap obviously 😇

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mash said:

Hate to be a sheep, but if he could manage to add me to the list that would bring the price down a bit more 😁. As it happens I have all the running gear from a Mk 3 focus RS, gearbox, transfer box, prop, complete rear axle/subframe and front disks and calipers which I could throw in. Was going to use the rear end to create a RWD Focus Mk 1, but after I bought it I suddenly realised that the rear diff is electronic wizardry that doesn't actually do anything unless it's plugged into a computer. Stupid boy Pike!

The good thing is a MK1 Focus RS Is meant to be able to take wrc 4wd setup without any mods, not that I’ve looked into it though!  Or have the rear diff etc as not many about lol 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel13 said:

Store page for the mk1 and mk2 models https://mst-cars.com/models/

 

Interesting they have a picture of a MK2 rs2000 xpack in the mk2 listing page https://mst-cars.com/mk2-fast-road-touring/

Bit of  rush job on the web site I think. If you scroll down the page to the larger links to each car, all sorts comes u, including mk1 details on the mk2 fast road link, and error on the gp4 mk1 link

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mpdevelopments.uk said:

I think I stick to finish building my mk6 fiesta RWD. Can have just as much fun in it for less that 60k.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 

for the road?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mpdevelopments.uk said:

Yes for the road. Back and for work. And a play on weekends. Might do some hill climbs aswell.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 

i did look at doing 1 the whole front suspension and rack look like they are ok where they are what rear end are you using?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mpdevelopments.uk said:

Fiesta front end won't work. No room for engine and box. I'm using sierra front crossmember grp4 escort suspension compression struts blade antiroll bar. Rear is sierra cosworth beam and diff.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 

I’ve got a Puma with sierra cosworth running gear, puma racing wide arch kit, currently getting the cage sorted 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mpdevelopments.uk said:

Fiesta front end won't work. No room for engine and box. I'm using sierra front crossmember grp4 escort suspension compression struts blade antiroll bar. Rear is sierra cosworth beam and diff.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 

type 9 box will clear with the tunnel cut out! i got that far lol why not the front suspension?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...