6 Clock dash Chrome Rings (ebay)

BaileyMex

On 03/04/2021 at 04:57, Vista said:

Not seen those Polish made ones before but I sent a set of Dave Verney's (Classic Trim) ones out to James ( @Rally Pack 2000 ) in Australia a few years ago and I think he was happy with them. I don't see them on their website now though so no idea if they still do them.

Mine came from a British seller that did a variety of chrome rings including vent ones but he was a private seller who only had the made in smaller batches. Vista also got a new 6 dial face for me as well (which was pre-chromed and didn't need rings) which did come from classic trim hence the confusion.

The chrome rings were different to the polish ones. They have a more squared face to them as well as being more than just rings but virtually cones that go deeper into the dial rather than just around the rim. The polish ones look more rounded and petite just to decorate the very rim.

Rings1b.thumb.jpg.0c9c5382beb5c5c85b433afc0cbc3b19.jpg

Rings1a.thumb.jpg.f072535c8b9e62c4e8d97633f6852a97.jpg

Rings1c.thumb.jpg.01295094f65fe2b238ae36b92a4297e0.jpg

The British made ones picture above were alot more expensive than the ones you listed on Ebay and I think represent much better value. If I remember I paid three or four times the price for the British ones. Looking at them in comparison I do like the squared rim of the British ones as it more closely mimics the rim of the original plastic chrome however I prefer the Polish ones in that it allows you to retain the black painted part between the rim and the glass whereas the British ones being thicker cones makes the whole inner part chrome. I also quire like the more finer indicator rings of the polish ones as well. So it comes down to what look you prefer however given the price if the Polish ones had been available when I purchased mine at a quarter of the price its a no brainer, I would have gone for them instead.

Cheers mate.
I think I do remember seeing your style for sale at some point.
And I think it was those that prompted me to search again.
I do like your ones, but if there no longer available I guess it's only the Polish ones that are an option.
You don't recall who was selling the UK ones do you?

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, BaileyMex said:

Cheers mate.
I think I do remember seeing your style for sale at some point.
And I think it was those that prompted me to search again.
I do like your ones, but if there no longer available I guess it's only the Polish ones that are an option.
You don't recall who was selling the UK ones do you?

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately its been a few years now so can remember the sellers name off the top of my head. I just had a quick look and I couldn't see anyone that resembles him. I would recognize the seller if I saw his name again though. I will keep an eye out.