Mk2 Cortina 2 Door for Sale

1968 Mk2 Cortina 2 door for sale. I got this in 2015 and before me and the previous owner it was owned by a museum at Atwell Wilson Museum, with 2 folders of history. Since I've had it, we've altered it dramatically and raced it for several seasons in the OSFDC, but sadly now its time for it to go. it has an MOT, I very occasionally use it on the road but it can be a bit of a bitch. The clutch is a switch and can be a bit lumpy until it comes on to cam, it made 225bhp at street racers in Leicester and ran a 12.7 at Pod.

Brief specification
Good solid presentable shell but has got a few dings and bangs. But not rotten.
ST 170 engine with intruder pistons, PEC rods, over bored +60, ported head and race cams with VVT delete originally built by Kejja motorsport.
Steel Billet flywheel and TTV paddle racing clutch. Sytec fuel pump and Sytec pressure gauge and facet lift pump into swirl pot.
Omex 600 ECU and Omex ITB's and retro ford stainless 2.5' exhaust manifold to home made exhaust
Retro Ford water rail, alternator kit and tin sump to accommodate steering box, aluminum radiator with electric fan.
Gearbox is type 9 5 speed from a 2.8i with 2l first motion shaft with quick shift, single piece heavy duty propshaft.
Rear axle is an English axle with tramp bar a frame and heavy duty shafts and LSD supplied by retro ford, believed to be 4.1 at the moment.
Half Roll cage, this is essentially just to mount the rear harness shoulder straps and Subaru bucket seats (I do have the original seats, front and back).
Suspension Gaz converted coilovers on original steering box, rear lotus spec multi leaf springs on gaz adjustables.
Wheels are mini light copies, brakes at the moment are just standard.
I've probably forgotten a few bits and pieces, viewing is welcomed and I am looking for £16,000

Any questions just get in touch. 

79097250_2957273330952268_7039740406493347840_o.jpg

IMG-20190717-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190717-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190717-WA0002.jpg

20210328_152348.jpg

20210402_132442.jpg

Edited by Jiffer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Anglezed said:

Would you be willing to consider selling the car minus the engine and gearbox?

Bit cheeky! Why leave the seller with E & G that he has to sell - why don't you buy the whole car as advertised and you sell what you don't want?

7 minutes ago, katana said:

Bit cheeky! Why leave the seller with E & G that he has to sell - why don't you buy the whole car as advertised and you sell what you don't want?

I've politely asked a reasonable question of the seller, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to comment.  The car hasn't sold and i have my own engine and box ready to go. Seller could also potentially make more money splitting the package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, katana said:

my answer would be yes £100 more than the whole thing as ive got to pull the engine out!

2 hours ago, Anglezed said:

I've politely asked a reasonable question of the seller, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to comment.  The car hasn't sold and i have my own engine and box ready to go. Seller could also potentially make more money splitting the package.

I have been thinking of taking the engine and box etc out and going back to original interior, standard back axle and 2.0 blacktop on bike carbs. I was going to be asking £12,000 for that set up. Or if you prefer maybe we can work out a price depending on what you actually want? 

3 hours ago, katana said:

So not so cheeky after all eh?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...