Complete newb

Hi I'm just about to purchase  a 1967 anglia which is in very good original condition  and is actually  road worthy it obviously  needs some attention  ie door sills and a respray  starts up on the key but my question is  do I keep it original or beef it up I'm a complete novice at this and have never undertaken  this type of thing before  except  years ago I I did a 1936 bra 250 bike are there people that do this kind of project for a fair  price and which way do you think I should go with it  regards  mutley 

20210404_140335.jpg

20210404_140315.jpg

20210404_140245.jpg

20210404_140257.jpg

20210404_140324.jpg

That's a tough question. It depends what you want ,personal thing really.

I don't like standard cars that much, and get a lot of satisfaction modifying them.

If your a complete novice, its probably cheaper , and less work to keep it standard. 

Like Carey has mentioned keep it simple to begin with. You need to work out what you want from the car. Will it be a show car ? Will you use it everyday ? Don't jump into a full restoration if you do not have the money available. These cars eat money. I am going through the full restoration at the moment and it is scary.

I would use the car and enjoy it. Get a good feel for it. 

Thanks

Richard

I will just be using is initially  for taking to shows and the like my wife would like me to keep it original but with a nice two tone paint finish  the drivers seat will need some attention  but the others are in very good order red leather  looking  ! 

The great thing with a Classic Ford is that it doesn't take much to transform the initial look from standard to " Oh, I wonder what he's done to that"

Lowered and a set of period deep steels or alloys and you'll love it!

oh, and decent brakes 

• 1 month later...

Hi mutley 

Great looking car to get yourself into the scene, I also have a very small budget an can't afford to do the things I want,

like a few others have said, start with the simple, more important things, get it going use it get a feel for the car, sort the seats the scabby rust etc no need to rush into new back axle and st170 transplants. 

I started off knowing what I wanted an as I used my cortina my thoughts have changed and I wouldn't of been happy with my initial ideas, 

An this lot are incredibly helpful, even if you think it's a stupid question. You're guaranteed not to be the first to ask👍