Mk3 #Cortina on #CarSOS

Vista

They would have to make that one the last in the season I have watched all the others so hopefully will see that one tonight.

I actually picked up a valuable tip from one of the episodes from this season regarding plastic silvering. I knew about the vacuum way of doing it but its only for small items. I want to give back the chrome look to the plastic gutter trims but they have a 1 metre size limit for the vacuum method. I think it was the Jensen Interceptor episode where they were doing the grill and they did a spray on silvering that gave that same chrome look. I have been looking for a solution to this problem for years. They aftermarket stuff that comes on a roll isn't flexible enough to bend round the sharp curb on the C pillar of a 4 door and buckles when to try to no matter how much you try hear it up. If I can find a place that does that silvering locally I may finally be able to put the original trims back on. Car shows can be helpful!

• Like 1

Watched it! Nice orange one too. Funny how they spent part of the program showing how they reline the clutch plate as that's what you have to do with rare cars as if its hard to get one for a Cortina LOL but then when you see them putting it in with the pressure plate you can see the new blue writing so they would have bought a kit in the end! Im not 100% convinced an accomplished author about to release a new book and used to doing TV interviews couldn't pay to have a car restored himself though maybe its just my suspicious mind hmmm

Does anyone know anything more about the acid attack guy in the VW episode? They said the person that did it got the wrong house and person or something, so who did it and why? 8 years prison certain wasn't enough for such an horrendous crime that's for sure.

8 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Does anyone know anything more about the acid attack guy in the VW episode? They said the person that did it got the wrong house and person or something, so who did it and why? 8 years prison certain wasn't enough for such an horrendous crime that's for sure.

I'm not sure I have seen that one? Which model VW was it?

It was a horrible beetle thing, where the top is chopped of and replaced with a soft top i think, forget what they are called, not too interested in water cooled vw,s. But agree 8 years is not enough for such a horrendous crime, poor chap lost an eye...

Beetles not my thing tbf....but the attack on the lad was horrendous. Mistaken identity and wrong house. 8 years nowhere near enough. Lad was pretty switched on and accepting of the situation but unbelievable. What a sad world we live in

Sent from my Hammer_Energy_18x9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vista said:

I'm not sure I have seen that one? Which model VW was it?

5 hours ago, e501 said:

It was a horrible beetle thing, where the top is chopped of and replaced with a soft top i think, forget what they are called, not too interested in water cooled vw,s. But agree 8 years is not enough for such a horrendous crime, poor chap lost an eye...

It was a body kit mod called the VW Wizard. They were a thing back in the 60/s70s apparently but I hadn't heard of them before the show so never made it to our shores.