Any Corsairs out there

9 minutes ago, Kenbex522 said:

Depends on what parts you need really. Whilst the chassis is based on the mk1 Cortina, there are subtle differences and the same goes for the suspension and steering. Some parts are same as mk1 but some are unique to the V4.

fuel tank for starters

Hard to find good ones and the Corsair tank is unique. But the Cortina Mk1 and 2 can be adapted to fit as they have the same mounting hole positions. The main difference is the position of the filler neck. Corsair is in the just off centre in the rear edge, whereas the Cortinas ones are on the right rear corner. I did have one from a mk2 Cortina which has bigger capacity by 2 galls. I had the filler neck position altered to suit the Corsair and fuel sender hole was altered to suit my original sender. See my pic. Be aware early 1500 corsair and mk1 cortina tanks used a smaller diameter fuel sender and different resistance values, so your later one wont fit into the early tanks. The early senders dont work with 2000e gauges either.

DSCF0013.JPG

got the glass but  the sprayer lost  lights  grille etc and fuel tank  .Been in the family a long time  so need to do it  .

underneaths been welded so need to check it out . Shame a new shell wasnt available ...

Headlights are standard 7" units. Indicator and sidelight units are Corsair only.  They do turn up occasionally on ebay, but like most things Ford, command strong money. Used ones also pop up occasionally, but they corrode out from the back, so inspect before buying. Grilles again do come up occasionally. I think the 2000e had a long slatted type grille, not like mine which is a cheese grater grille.

Love the Corsair! always had a soft spot for them, I remember a dark green one that used to go around, I never met the owner but it sounded meaty, like it was running a V8 or something.

Good luck with sourcing the parts, if you are not fussed about originality you could always fit a fuel tank

image.thumb.png.b7b62c12ad6ea90ab5979dcff246a8c9.png