ST170 Engine

Im just feeling the water at the moment and seeing what's available........

I 99% I want Full ST170 engine, with all manifolds, sensors etc, must be in good serviceable condition, I just want to go plug n Play with my emerald....... what have you, and how much?

I've decided to split mine and sell the car with a standard blacktop

Its an st170 with intruder pistons and pec rods, ported heand and port matched ITBs, Vvt delete and custom cams from Kejja motorsport.

retroford water rail, alternator, exhaust manifold.

Billet flywheel and ttv paddle clutch with Hydraulic centre release.

high pressure sytec fuel pump and sytec regulator.

omex 600 mapped by Gordon Darby at street racers, capped at 225bhp

2.8 capri type 9 gearbox with 2.0 input shaft fitted

191709737_4681333111883311_1385001378191858590_n.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jiffer said:

I've decided to split mine and sell the car with a standard blacktop

Its an st170 with intruder pistons and pec rods, ported heand and port matched ITBs, Vvt delete and custom cams from Kejja motorsport.

retroford water rail, alternator, exhaust manifold.

Billet flywheel and ttv paddle clutch with Hydraulic centre release.

high pressure sytec fuel pump and sytec regulator.

omex 600 mapped by Gordon Darby at street racers, capped at 225bhp

2.8 capri type 9 gearbox with 2.0 input shaft fitted

191709737_4681333111883311_1385001378191858590_n.jpg

Thats Lovely, as much as I would love that engine, its a bit too rich for me.

On 10/06/2021 at 16:20, V8ian said:

Im just feeling the water at the moment and seeing what's available........

I 99% I want Full ST170 engine, with all manifolds, sensors etc, must be in good serviceable condition, I just want to go plug n Play with my emerald....... what have you, and how much?

How about this? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154488226800?hash=item23f83743f0:g:lLQAAOSwsNFgwkoa

Your issue then is getting all the bits to make it fit. I'm in the middle of an ST170 install at the minute and I'm running around the 5 grand mark. I've used the retro Ford stage 2 kit which is just over 3 grand. I then bought Dan ST engineering throttle bodies and a ME 221 engine management system which was another £1650. Add in fuel pump, filter, fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator, new radiator fan, coolant hoses and the price soon adds up. You will save a bit using your emerald as long as it can run the VVT.

However, once finished I'll have a fuel injected engine, running around 190bhp. 

I had messaged him about this engine, it had a blown thermostat O ring, that could lead tool sorts of issues, If Im not being fastidious about purchasing top line stuff, and work to a budget, I think 1.5k is reasonable, perhaps a decent exhaust manifold, Good luck with your build.  Is there a thread?

4 hours ago, Gareth_C_79 said:

How about this? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154488226800?hash=item23f83743f0:g:lLQAAOSwsNFgwkoa

Your issue then is getting all the bits to make it fit. I'm in the middle of an ST170 install at the minute and I'm running around the 5 grand mark. I've used the retro Ford stage 2 kit which is just over 3 grand. I then bought Dan ST engineering throttle bodies and a ME 221 engine management system which was another £1650. Add in fuel pump, filter, fuel lines, fuel pressure regulator, new radiator fan, coolant hoses and the price soon adds up. You will save a bit using your emerald as long as it can run the VVT.

However, once finished I'll have a fuel injected engine, running around 190bhp. 

1 hour ago, V8ian said:

I had messaged him about this engine, it had a blown thermostat O ring, that could lead tool sorts of issues, If Im not being fastidious about purchasing top line stuff, and work to a budget, I think 1.5k is reasonable, perhaps a decent exhaust manifold, Good luck with your build.  Is there a thread?

Yeah you can use the 1.8 zetec flywheel and a used clutch to keep the price down. Hopefully you can pick up a decent gearbox and bell housing as well. Yes I have a thread on the build in the restoration page on here. Just look up installing a ST170 engine.