Spiders and Snakes

Rally Pack 2000

Do you guys have any spiders and snakes there in the UK? Or anything dangerous or bitey? Just wondering what things nature throws at you that's a problem or is the only dangerous think lurking in your waters are French Fisherman? 😀

Spider1.thumb.jpg.a3e40a9c3764736a4fdf909cbfd509a5.jpg

Australian Orb Spider

(Yes Im bored, we are in hard locked down again with no one to talk too)

Of course we have spiders and snakes - we're not that far down the evolutionary ladder! No bitey spiders or nothing that will kill you and out of the three? snakes only the common adder will give a nasty nip but fairly unlikely as rarely seen and you'd have to really piss one off or sit on it to get any response! That Orb Web is lovely, proper alien! - but you can keep them all the same, thanks!

• Like 1

We get Weever fish in our waters down south, which have spines on their backs and are mildly venomous. I know as i stood on one years back, quite painful and the area swells up quite a bit, but bathed in as hot a water as you can handle draws out and eases the pain. Only lasts a few hours if you can get to hot water.

But something that can actually kill you - that woud freak me out. And that spider is fookin mental no thanks - i don't even like our house spiders which are about 1 1/2 inch lol.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, katana said:

Of course we have spiders and snakes - we're not that far down the evolutionary ladder! No bitey spiders or nothing that will kill you and out of the three? snakes only the common adder will give a nasty nip but fairly unlikely as rarely seen and you'd have to really piss one off or sit on it to get any response! That Orb Web is lovely, proper alien! - but you can keep them all the same, thanks!

That's actually quite interesting I didn't know you guys had adders there so it was worth asking. From my old wildlife park days I have kept an interest in reptiles.

Some may remember my first post in the "Day out in your OSF" thread with a line up of beautiful Model As. Not 20 metres from where that shot was taken is the start of the old canal that's been converted to a cycle way where I walk the dog sometimes and right there at the start of it was a deadly red belly black snake starting up the pathway. I had to pick the dog up and step over it cause dogs don't last a few seconds after being bit by them but that was the 5th venomous snake in the past 3 years I have encountered on my dog walks. This being in the middle of suburban Sydney mind not in the bush or anything.

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Vista said:

Detachable? Or detach your penis spider?

LOL Well the real ones detach their own, they seek out lady companionship and then after the deed is done they suddenly realize they just got it on with an ugly 6 eyed spider doris and break it off themselves (literally) to get away!

The Detach Your Penis Spider is probably another Wuhan Lab experiment to undermine the fabric of Western Civilization

• Haha 2