classic car show at the NEC

Ray

just a few hours ago, the NEC organisers confirmed that Old Skool Ford have a stand at the classic car show in November

Kellye has replied to them this afternoon, accepting their offer

the show is the 12th, 13th & 14th November

once they have issued a discount code, i will publish it here, please do use it, as they do tend to get a little upset when its issued and not used, RP, that means you, you can now fly over, 

this year the stand is in Hall 8, Stand No. 560, a little smaller than last time

please check their web site just to make sure of booking protocol and any covid restrictions that may possibly remain, last time i looked, you had to book online, but that may have changed

5 minutes ago, Ray said:

once they have issued a discount code, i will publish it here, please do use it, as they do tend to get a little upset when its issued and not used, RP, that means you, you can now fly over,

Oh man what a dream that would be!  I will be locked down for at least the next 3 months it seems banned from going outside my council area no more than 5km from my home. Given the Airport is 40kms away im pretty stuffed on that one even though there is also a ban on international travel even if I could get near a plane! They are even talking vaccine passports even though stupidly there are not enough vaccines for everyone and only 17% of the population vaccinated. Its near on impossible to go for a walk without dozens of others desperate to do the same. Tonight I went into the open parkland well after dark hopefully with everyone else snug in their homes just to be free for a change. Some wild deer came our of the scrub and scared the sh*t out of the dog and I had to chase it back to the car, so much for a freedom walk! LOL

3 minutes ago, Ray said:

RP, have you not heard, the latest fad is to pay a couple of blokes a few dollars, and they put you in a little dinghy headed for Britain

I had thought of the cargo container crossing but I already have trouble breathing in lockdown at home rather than a 10 x 20 sealed crate jammed with 100 other Eastern Europeans. Once you get stuck in transit for days with all the new EU Brexit paperwork then end result has proven less than survivable! I wonder if the covid has complicated the cargo container people smugglers somewhat? Maybe thats why the little boat thing has taken off of late all that fresh air?

• Haha 2

On 11/08/2021 at 20:22, Rally Pack 2000 said:

I had thought of the cargo container crossing but I already have trouble breathing in lockdown at home rather than a 10 x 20 sealed crate jammed with 100 other Eastern Europeans. Once you get stuck in transit for days with all the new EU Brexit paperwork then end result has proven less than survivable! I wonder if the covid has complicated the cargo container people smugglers somewhat? Maybe thats why the little boat thing has taken off of late all that fresh air?

All I'm hearing is excuses 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, chinkamon said:

All I'm hearing is excuses 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂

Apparently I must have a vaccine passport to travel or dine out for that matter but I wont be allowed an International Travel Passport this year regardless if I get the vaccine passport? On the other side of the fence our people smugglers do click and collect but only deliver to Australia no pickups. Like your car services even your illicit trade is better than ours!

1 hour ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Apparently I must have a vaccine passport to travel or dine out for that matter but I wont be allowed an International Travel Passport this year regardless if I get the vaccine passport? On the other side of the fence our people smugglers do click and collect but only deliver to Australia no pickups. Like your car services even your illicit trade is better than ours!

your just tight fisted RP, im sure if you crossed someones palm with enough silver, they would get you out lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ray said:

your just tight fisted RP, im sure if you crossed someones palm with enough silver, they would get you out lol

Thats true but I wouldn't be allowed back in then without being arrested LOL I couldn't leave the Rally Pack and the Twincam in the hands of the relatives, to quote my nephew, "What would I do with that old crap?"

2 minutes ago, Ray said:

alternatively, just apply for a british passport, they dont seem to care who they give them to these dayts lol

Jokes aside I have actually considered this. My mothers father who I never met and probably died before I was born but he was born in Lancashire in the early 1900s and If I understand the rules correctly the UK allows for first and second generation citizenship? If I am ever allowed to travel ever again (which seems doubtful at this point) I would seriously consider that. The Australian government is as weak as water when it comes to protection of citizens overseas. They will even sell you out at every opportunity if they are sucking up to that particular country. I know at times you have government issues and it seems like they dont give a toss about the people there but when it comes to crunch time you do protect your own and your passport one of the strongest in the world.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stephens_xpack said:

Looking forward to it Ray, the stand is going to look really good this year, with the effort you have put in - should be a fun 4 days........😎

fingers crossed

dont forget to book your tickets guys, the discount code is CCS710, and we will be in Hall 8 this year

• 2 weeks later...