MK1 cortina pre airflow indicator bulbs

Hi all 

Anyone know what bulbs they are in a pre air flow?

I just been flicking through led bulbs as I'm bored but my Haynes manual doesn't say what lamps they are?

They're side and indicator but it's too dark an a lot of messing to get the bulbs out of mine as the lamp holders are a bit bodged on 🙈

• 3 weeks later...

i tried Led bulbs in mine and no good, you will need resisters or a new led flasher unit so then you will have to put led bulbs in the rear, i've tried a few types / makes of led in my cortina and they are all useless, they do not project light the correct way to work in a candecent bulb holder / reflector, sorry but dont waste yr money

• Thanks 1

On 13/09/2021 at 01:20, Veemax said:

i tried Led bulbs in mine and no good, you will need resisters or a new led flasher unit so then you will have to put led bulbs in the rear, i've tried a few types / makes of led in my cortina and they are all useless, they do not project light the correct way to work in a candecent bulb holder / reflector, sorry but dont waste yr money

I actually went a little ott on some mods to my rear lights an ended up buying some led rear brake and indicator lamps.

They work fine, haven't done the front, I don't need to, was thinking to get brighter lights but watching them they're bright enough.

I was going to use the trick my dad has on his ranchero, he just put normal bulbs inline an hid them in the back ( he needed flatter bulbs) to act as the resistance.

I think with the original lamps in the front there's enough resistance to make the LEDs work 🤷🏻‍♂️

the thing i dont like about replacement LED bulbs is you have to be spot on directly looking at them to get the brightness, std old car light lenses reflectors rely on the all round glow of a candecant bulb,  so from other drivers view yr lights hardly show up

Yea that's what I was worried about. I think the rear lenses on the MK1 cortina are a little better suited maybe as the pattern of the lense is quite focused ( I know what I'm trying to say in my head 😅)  the lights I got were 2 directional, all round the side and on the end, I tested them in the day an night Vs the original lamps an the LEDs were brighter so I'm happy with that, 

I won't be delving into led headlights or front indicators now though. Quitting whilst I'm ahead haha,

When I get the chance I'll post some photos up