New member with an Anglia saloon & estate

Hi All,

New member checking in. I had a 105E about 15 years ago, sold it and got into MGB's. Well fast forward to now and I'm living in the US but have just bought a LHD Anglia estate (from my dad ironically, who bought it from someone who imported it from France to the UK). They have spent the last few months getting it running for me so it can be shipped and it is now on its way over here:

lSbFia2.jpg

The main reason I joined however, is my dad also has a 105e Saloon that he has had since the 70's and is what got me into classic cars in the first place. He put a Cortina 1500GT engine in it in the 80's along with a Anglia 1200 gearbox. Here she is:

3d0h3Ja.jpg

He has now gifted this to me, so my intention is to get it running for him again so he can enjoy it a little bit before it heads over to me (it was last on the road in 1989). My plans for this are to subtly modify it with period accessories and make it a 60's Cosworth homage. So far the plan is to fit an A2 cam, 28/26 Weber, new exhaust manifold, Lotus steel replica wheels and maybe lower it, depending how I feel. Progress on that won't be until next yr but this seems like the place to be when it comes to modifying Anglias, so here I am!

Look forward to chatting with you all more.