Fuel Shortages

Rally Pack 2000

Largely from media induced panic. There's not actually a shortage of fuel, more a shortage of drivers to deliver it.

A few filling stations reported running low on supplies in certain areas of the country, largely due to shortages of truck drivers, and the media escalated that into a nationwide panic with everyone rushing out to fill their tanks. The myth then came true, also self perpetuating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went out to get some last weekend-my only panic being i was running on fumes. Local Saino's had a mild queue (10 mins wait), no diesel at the time, only 2 pumps with regular unleaded which i run, and normal supply of Super unleaded. Same media crap with the bog rolls and pasta etc. last year...

If ever there was a story to define the saying 'making a mountain out of a molehill' this is it! It was all media hype and doom mongers that kicked it all off - I heard of one guy who queued for ages just to put £1.76 in his tank - that's how mad people have become, probably the same folks who were buying bog roll by the gross last year! Social media is the other bane of sane people - the 'panic buyers' are announcing what garages have fuel and in particular deliveries of fuel - then the locusts descend and literally drain it in a couple of days, if not sooner! We normally fill up once a month and were getting low and I should have needed a full tank to do a 350 mile round trip - that didn't happen, only got filled up yesterday morning - by the evening that garage was out of fuel & closed again! F**k it - no petrol, no deliveries, no turkeys for chrimble - just cancel the whole shooting match, no point sitting at home anyway as no one can afford to run their heating with the gas and oil prices going up - Happy New Year from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse !

• Like 2

It's very hit and miss, I'm near Gatwick and it has been tricky. But managed to swing by the local Tesco's and they had fuel, short queue nothing serious and got a full tank.

It'll get back to normal by the end of the week I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my MOT last week for the KA-was told by the tester that he's been having loads of cars in recently with engine faults, and ecu codes etc flashing up due to the new E10 fuel. He mentioned it as he was doing my emissions and it was playing up a bit so i told him i'd just filled up with the new fuel, and he told me to use Super instead-so it is definitely having effects.

6 minutes ago, dt36 said:

I filled my tank in work yesterday. It takes a total of 795 litres in diesel. Only put 200 litres in the main one though for the mornings work, as I couldn't be arsed to put any more in.  It does like a drop or two...  :-)

So your the cause of the fuel shortage then?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vista said:

91/92 RON? :eeek: :shit:

:think: I reckon I could piss a higher octane than that after a night on the rum! :pissed::piss:

Its true it is, I even stopped using it in the lawn mower. You can also get 95 RON and 98 BP Ultimate and Shell 98. But it varies from station to station so unless you consistently shop at the same brand you will be all over the place mixing it up.