Agreed valuation needed

Jerrytom161

Hi ,

I have just finished my resto of my mk1 mexico , mot'd and taxed , and I am struggling to get anyone to give an agreed valuation in the associated club . I am already insured with a company and have a figure agreed back in May when the car was a non runner at the time and in mid flow of being re assembled . As I said I am a member of an associated club of these cars but am struggling to get someone from the club ( understandable as its all voluntary ) to either to come and view the car or even look at photos to give me a valuation . I will call my current insurer later to see if they will help ( sure they will ) .

I am putting this post up to see if any osf member has any recommendations on where the best place to go or someone who does this and is recognised by any insurance company who deals with classic cars . I have looked at several cars for sale sites and as it stands my Mexico is well under valued as its gone through a full resto to a very good standard , so if " God forbid " anything happenend to it , I want to make sure it's true value is covered so that a replacement car could be found to the same standard without having to go through what I have done for the last 3 1/2 years .

Any advice or help would be much appreciated .

Cheers .

Dave .

Adrian Flux were my worst nightmare to deal with, never again, i personally wouldnt reccomend them to my worst enemy, my present insurance company insist on a club valuation every 3 years with photos for an agreed valuation

What problems did you have Ray? I'm not using them currently but did until fairly recently and had no problems at all.

Hi Scott

will PM you the details when i get five, as TBH, just because i had a bad experience, not everyone has, and its not really fair to publicly diss them too much, and i also appreciate they are a site sponsor

• Like 1

I'm with Performance Direct. Renewal this month was £69 with a £40 admin charge for a MK2 RS2000 (with mods).  Same price as last year.

Had a renewal for my Daily come through today and that was £340 for an Astra GTC SRI 2.0 Diesel (no mods). Gone up by £60, but can't find a cheaper comparison.

Admin charges....grips my shit. An anagram of, "just so we can squeeze a bit more blood from you for no f@#ing reason".

At least Robin Hood had a valid reason to rob...!!

Sorry, I'll sit back down...

It amazes me too, you wait for them to get your details up, they don't print or send anything, couple of taps on a delete key, type the new info, enter! How does that warrant 25/40 quid administration fee?

• Like 1

Well,

I ended up with Admiral.  Best of a bad bunch really.

Adrian Flux, what a joke. Guy tried to barter with me on the phone, Whats the cheapest quote your had etc etc.. How does £430 pound sound...? OK how about £330 then? What would it take for you to give me the go-ahead now? Do you have a figure in your head? Double glazing salesmen have nothing on those clowns.

I just said give me your cheapest quote and I will compare MYSELF with others. He actually said ''sorry sir it doesn't work that way''.

I said goodbye.!

Never again. Crooks the lot of them but Adrian flux Premier league. 

• Like 1

I was insured with Flux a few years ago-was only a couple hundred quid for my mk1-renewal date comes and it had virtually doubled-I'm pretty sure they just pick a figure out of thin air expecting you to say yes-I didn't. Its only literally when it comes to the crunch do you know how good they are gonna be regarding payouts etc...and don't get me started on fookin admin charges just to change a few details on a keyboard or post a letter out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...