Springalex steering wheels

Rich T

Morning all.

Well my car is slowly going back together now and my attention turned to a new wheel and wanted a dished 3 spoke springalex item.

Not totally sure weather the item i won on Ebay yesterday is genuine or not. Not the end of the world if it isnt. Nothing in the advert to say it is or not. I did ask the question but not long before the listing ended and didnt get a reply.

Thing is, i want to get an original style horn push/centre cap for it but not sure if it'll fit.

Anybody got a known pucka item that could identify it please?s-l400.jpg.a7c21176dc8bbfe1a60cc80f3c3dfff1.jpgs-l400-1.jpg.0422d7e02651ba980274ac6f71d882a1.jpgs-l400-2.jpg.22408dc5340682036207a4d72c94a1b3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have also a new springa-flex steeringwheel , they are not very strong , but thats a advantage when you crash and when you are not wearing a seatbelt.,, 😎

I have mounted longer centerbolts becourse the center didn`t stay on , i did grind these 3 heads so the center stay ony very good now  and i did file out these holes a little bit.

And i also put on a heavier washer.

And i did let make the RS center logo for it.

But they look cool and give it`s a old skool flavor.

IMG_4414 (2).JPG

IMG_4415.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, DT36 said:

What would the original centre cap have been for a 1971 Mexico with a Springalex wheel? 

There was a stunning Mk1 Mex at Ford Fair yesterday and the chap was telling me all about its history. 

Was the car of the day for me 😁

I cant find the it doesn't exists with out photo proof emoji!

• Haha 1