another newbie running rs2000

Welcome to OSF 👍

28 minutes ago, katana said:

Hello new member, welcome to the clan ! Be prepared for people pointing out what's wrong with the car - i'm not a purist so don't care, but others are a bit more 'precious' :dope:

I don't think that's what we're about on here. Quite the opposite in fact?

• Like 1

Welcome to the site 

Good looking project you have there, plenty of MK2 Experts on here so ask away. 

My Mex is far from original or standard so do what you want to recommission the car how you want it.

Love an RS2000👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vista said:

Welcome to OSF 👍

I don't think that's what we're about on here. Quite the opposite in fact?

thanks the car is going to be used a lot so im not bothered  about total originality , its gonna be driven and if things rot away theyl be replaced along with wear and tear parts will be replaced when worn, thanks for the welcome mate 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, katana said:

Hello new member, welcome to the clan ! Be prepared for people pointing out what's wrong with the car - i'm not a purist so don't care, but others are a bit more 'precious' :dope:

thanks for the welcome , il just enjoy driving it not really bothered about total originality either

2 hours ago, BaileyMex said:

Welcome to the site 

Good looking project you have there, plenty of MK2 Experts on here so ask away. 

My Mex is far from original or standard so do what you want to recommission the car how you want it.

Love an RS2000👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

thanks for the welcome ,yeh itl be done to suit my tastes , cambelt change  first as its sat a few years , then oil and filter , new spraybar for cam and a new battery required

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, colr6 said:

Thought the RS came with Cibie head lamps not Lucas 

6 minutes ago, katana said:

Correct - Or alternatives sourced in Europe - Hella or Carello mainly.

Just checked mine and I have Cibie on the outside, with Carello on the inside. 

Wether these are correct, I've no idea 😁

PXL_20211128_123738943.jpg

9 minutes ago, colr6 said:

The Lucas ones would more than likely cheap as chips because they were fitted to a lot of uk cars. The cibie headlamp I would assume to give better lighting as usually associated with them being a quality light.

the problem is finding  lucas or cibie that actually fit ive searched everywhere and cant find anything  anywhere 

40 minutes ago, kevs mk2 rs2000 said:

any links to finding the headlights here or abroad would be appreciated

Be prepared to dig deep - usually as much as £100 odd per light ! The usual problem is the chromed mounting ring - they rot out and spares are Unobtainium! The twins fitted to my RS were made by Valeo (who now produce the Cibie range of rally lighting - Oscars etc.) they were fitted new but maybe 12-15 years ago?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, katana said:

Be prepared to dig deep - usually as much as £100 odd per light ! The usual problem is the chromed mounting ring - they rot out and spares are Unobtainium! The twins fitted to my RS were made by Valeo (who now produce the Cibie range of rally lighting - Oscars etc.) they were fitted new but maybe 12-15 years ago?

Quote.urlive managed to find one new cibie light  for the rs2000  as you say 100 pounds paid  il plod away at it  and replace them one by one , when they turn up for sale, one joker on ebay wants 350 pounds for two used ones and they look real bad ,some folk eh?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Plentii Sidewayze said:

Good looking car, remember it's your car and as such you make it how you want it to be not how others perceive it should be, enjoy it,

yes itl be done right to suit myself , lifes too short to care what others think your car should be ,after going major surgery it gives you a different outlook on some things ,especially the things that really matter 

• Like 3