Jump to content

Tour of the Moor 2022 Official!!!


Mexican Gerbil
 Share

Recommended Posts

What weekend that was 😍 we managed the tour in record time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Got to the 12-30 lunch break at 15-15. We had more stops than the number 3 bus route! Tea here tea there, cream scones the lot. Consequently we got back to base some 3 hrs after everybody else. A big thanks to the team for arranging such a top drawer event. Weather fantastic, scenery fantastic and as usual great people. 10/10 from me πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Just a note, we managed the 340 ml trip home quicker than the 108 ml tour, not so many cups of tea on the way home….lol

We knew we would be last so we took our resident photoman MONZA who will know doubt put up some great pics. His new name is MONZA the KODAK man !!!!

Edited by colr6
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Ok who owns the Orange Mk2 RS2000 and the Lotus Sunbeam? Im in love and a bigamist! 🀎

I am not sure James. The Lotus Sunbeam was a substitute when his Escort broke down predeparture from home. The Orange Mk2 RS wasn't a car I've seen at the event before

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, colr6 said:

What weekend that was 😍 we managed the tour in record time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Got to the 12-30 lunch break at 15-15. We had more stops than the number 3 bus route! Tea here tea there, cream scones the lot. Consequently we got back to base some 3 hrs after everybody else. A big thanks to the team for arranging such a top drawer event. Weather fantastic, scenery fantastic and as usual great people. 10/10 from me πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Just a note, we managed the 340 ml trip home quicker than the 108 ml tour, not so many cups of tea on the way home….lol

We knew we would be last so we took our resident photoman MONZA who will know doubt put up some great pics. His new name is MONZA the KODAK man !!!!

Very glad you enjoyed it Col.Β 

I was behind you before you turned in for your first Tea and stickies stop at the start of Slapton Sands. My son was on his first tour as my Navigator and wanted to know who that was driving so slowly in a cortina up front.Β  When you turned off he said "yay, we're not stuck in a Col Train anymore!"

You have my permission to chin him about itΒ πŸ˜†

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mexican Gerbil said:

For those wondering who the crazy locals were on the outskirts of Plymouth (Elburton)....... yes they were my family πŸ˜„

My dad took this film of the cars as they went passed -Β 

Β 

Thanks to you and other for positing content like this, sometimes you feel disconnected and sad that we cant get to meet you and participate in events like this. Im sure others from the continent appreciate it too or the same reasons.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bit late with this...
Brilliant day! Fantastic route, especially down on the coast. Loved the beautiful little villages and beaches. Weather couldn't have been better. Although it pissed down as we arrived back at the camp....at about 8
Because Colr6 and myself kept stopping for tea and scones, most of my pics only have the Escort and Cortina in them!!
Well done Vista and Mexican Gerbil for again putting an awesome route together for us. Round trip of about 800 miles inc tour.
Brilliant weekend...553692e267b486e7f614ec5d93e9ccdc.jpg416809212068f8d22ee8a52f221d7b8b.jpg67bb86f7ad0f034d0d9a12100a338be5.jpg8f2b77aaad0eefba05f2b9c1ab8d4ae6.jpg71483af158571175a440ccc88193ad05.jpgf6894533b401a7d5a9c91858b69f29cb.jpg432f76957b98bc2756a3eb57613a0018.jpg6bb05d52b4aa6359fc22f6ceaa4c03c8.jpg66a90981f85bf829814e172a122acd5f.jpge7b1e30ecd149bf91315c4c87401ec16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great pics Arron, especially the one with the cow so close up. It looked even better and intimidating when we were stopped behind you ! See you got the pic of the Red Viva GT. Should have stopped to see if I could have bought that πŸ€”Β @Vista may even know where that is ? Might be worth an enquiry if it’s a genuine GT

wish I’d know you was going to get me in one of the pics, I’d have run a comb through my hair just to please Ray as he always takes the piss.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, colr6 said:

Β 

wish I’d know you was going to get me in one of the pics, I’d have run a comb through my hair just to please Ray as he always takes the piss.

dosnt actually look like you got a lot left to comb now Colin @colr6Β lol, at least you didnt wear those jeans with rips in you call fashion, we know you only wear them to get people feeling sorry for you and throwing donations your way for a new pair

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, colr6 said:

Great pics Arron, especially the one with the cow so close up. It looked even better and intimidating when we were stopped behind you ! See you got the pic of the Red Viva GT. Should have stopped to see if I could have bought that πŸ€”Β @Vista may even know where that is ? Might be worth an enquiry if it’s a genuine GT

wish I’d know you was going to get me in one of the pics, I’d have run a comb through my hair just to please Ray as he always takes the piss.

Sorry, don't recognise it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mexican Gerbil said:

Dash cam footage of 2/3rds of the tour. Sadly the first leg didn't get recorded.Β 

Slapton-Saltash-Ashburton in 15 minutes πŸ˜†

Β 

Gosh I can see why the big Yank Tanks aren't that popular there! I had no idea how many hedges you have? You virtually have no view for most of the journey as they box you in from both sides. Its like a tunnel most of the way. I wasn't expecting that, I always imagined mostly open farmland and countryside views all the way. Very educational

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Rally Pack 2000 said:

Gosh I can see why the big Yank Tanks aren't that popular there! I had no idea how many hedges you have? You virtually have no view for most of the journey as they box you in from both sides. Its like a tunnel most of the way. I wasn't expecting that, I always imagined mostly open farmland and countryside views all the way. Very educational

A lot of Devon and Cornwall is like that, Cornwall particularly so. The first leg that Chris mentioned as missing would have had some fabulous views along Slapton Sands thoughΒ 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Γ—
Γ—
  • Create New...