New barn heater

Johnny Boy

17 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

In the UK we find pre heated barns provide better finds, and are more pleasant to visit during the winter months 🤪

Everyones going soft! Wheres that "Scott of the Antarctic" discovery spirit? I suppose not everyone comes back using that philosophy though? Takes the shine of a forgotten Twincam found in the hay bales I suspect.

13 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

I bought this Chinese cab heater for my camper van 3 years ago, and never fitted it.

So I fitted it up in the barn.

It's great , it's a diesel indirect air heater and exhausts out side , so no horrible fumes.

😁

Like that. :-)

Where's the fuel tank stored. Is it outside via the black hose?

How do you think these would fair underseat in a van now that you've played with it?

15 minutes ago, DT36 said:

How do you think these would fair underseat in a van now that you've played with it?

The heater are great in a van Dale, it was the first thing I fitted in my transit. Gets it nice and warm. You should be able to buy a proper tank connector for you dub like you can for the transit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, colr6 said:

The heater are great in a van Dale, it was the first thing I fitted in my transit. Gets it nice and warm. You should be able to buy a proper tank connector for you dub like you can for the transit.

Cheers Col.  That's another one going on the list, after I get the passenger door back open :-)

9 hours ago, DT36 said:

Heres a pic , with the fuel tank fixed to the wall, it's only 3 inches wide ,so doesn't stick out too far.

I was going to have it outside , but in the end inside was better,no waxing of the fuel in cold weather.

My camper is a Nissan nv200, and I think the 8kw heater would have been too hot, 2kw better.

IMG_20220109_152316_227.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Heres a pic , with the fuel tank fixed to the wall, it's only 3 inches wide ,so doesn't stick out too far.

I was going to have it outside , but in the end inside was better,no waxing of the fuel in cold weather.

My camper is a Nissan nv200, and I think the 8kw heater would have been too hot, 2kw better.

Right, now I can see it 👍

Sounds a good unit. I was initially thinking of a small fan heater, run from hookup, but this sounds good 👍