Opinions

Painterman

not a lover of letter painting but it seems to suit on some vehicles, yours look ok as not to much on,  what bothers me more is the undersized tyres on your rims, they look very stretched, just not wide enough?,  i know that seems to be a fashion these days? Lovely Wheels though

9 hours ago, Veemax said:

not a lover of letter painting but it seems to suit on some vehicles, yours look ok as not to much on,  what bothers me more is the undersized tyres on your rims, they look very stretched, just not wide enough?,  i know that seems to be a fashion these days? Lovely Wheels though

Had to have them slightly stretched as there 7.5 inch to clear arches on my lowered mex

41 minutes ago, Painterman said:

Had to have them slightly stretched as there 7.5 inch to clear arches on my lowered mex

yeh i get that, but check with the tyre manufacturer if those tyres are ok on a 7.5" rim?, as i know of 2 people now who's classics have been written off in accidents and insurance didnt pay out because tyres were incorrect size for rims, insurance co's love a stupid reason not to pay out

Just now, Veemax said:

yeh i get that, but check with the tyre manufacturer if those tyres are ok on a 7.5" rim?, as i know of 2 people now who's classics have been written off in accidents and insurance didnt pay out because tyres were incorrect size for rims, insurance co's love a stupid reason not to pay out

Thanks i get what your saying.i bought them from a reputable wheel dealer as a wheel and tyre package and they confirmed was in tolarances by manufacturor👍

• Like 1

Your car - your risk!

Frankly I think the tyre guy is BS ing you as Ford only ever fitted 5.5", 6.0" and 7.5" alloy rims, fitted with 165 & 175 / 70 x 13" to narrow rims and 205 / 60 x 13" to the wider - and that would be the 'manufacturer resource' the insurance would use in case of a severe claim! Doing an internet search, pretty much every place only recommended a 5" to 6" rim width for your size tyres !

• Like 1