KA mk2 key

meXEco

1 hour ago, DT36 said:

I would have thought it has some kind of transponder and antenna system, but am guessing at this. 

Has the key got a small red tab on it? 

No-just a solid black plastic fob which doesn't seem to have anything in it, or come apart. No central locking either it's the base model.

I would have thought there will be a transponder built in. They dropped the red bit years ago.

The remote locking part is immaterial it the car had a PATS system.

All Fords ran the PATS (passive anti theft system) immobiliser from the late 90s onwards 

5 minutes ago, meXEco said:

Well i found a blank-but it does indeed state it needs a transponder fitting so i guess i'll have to take it to a garage to be done?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123108989460?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Google mobile car key cutting.

There will probably be someone local that can come and cut and programme a key on your drive. Won't be a Ford part but it will work.

I used to use a guy in Croydon when I was sales manager at Ford, a third of the price compared to the Ford service dept.... they hated that 🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, BaileyMex said:

Google mobile car key cutting.

There will probably be someone local that can come and cut and programme a key on your drive. Won't be a Ford part but it will work.

I used to use a guy in Croydon when I was sales manager at Ford, a third of the price compared to the Ford service dept.... they hated that 🤣🤣

Cheers will look into that.

3 hours ago, Xp197777 said:

Oh that sounds promising just go and get one cut at any iron mongers it’s not gonna hurt the pocket too much either way give it a go 

Yep apparently there's a Timpsons outside our local big Tescos so i'll nip in & see what they can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaileyMex said:

I think that is not much more than I used to pay a good 10 years ago for a new one cut and programmed,

At least you know now 👍

Yes mate i may be selling the KA and it seems 2 keys are preferred obviously so will get one done.

• 5 weeks later...