aldridge mk2 custom door cards f me

1 hour ago, kevs mk2 rs2000 said:

so i need some front door cards for the rs2000 ,thought id wait till december they were  roughly 380  a few weeks ago this week 504 pounds plus 14 quid postage  thats some rise jees

Brown or black ?

2 hours ago, kevs mk2 rs2000 said:

yeh there taking the piss mate ,just getting on the bandwagon  with over inflated prices ,i wont be paying 502 pounds plus postage for them thats for sure

Have you asked them? If not then it's a harsh assumption. Could think of alot of reasons why the prices (if you are correct) are higher. Some time ago another UK company got the same feedback. Turned out they now listed their prices with VAT instead of without.

Kev,

I'm gonna sound like a weirdo, but have you tried Dunelm? They do some thin fake leather-looking stuff with a fluffy lining on the back that might allow you to cover your original cards. Even just temporarily. I suppose it depends on the details in your current cards, like trim and carpet inlays etc but might be worth a look.  I thought about doing this for the rear shelf and damaged c-pillar trims.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daddio said:

Kev,

I'm gonna sound like a weirdo, but have you tried Dunelm? They do some thin fake leather-looking stuff with a fluffy lining on the back that might allow you to cover your original cards. Even just temporarily. I suppose it depends on the details in your current cards, like trim and carpet inlays etc but might be worth a look.  I thought about doing this for the rear shelf and damaged c-pillar trims.

hi yes mate looked into various methods ,but im no good with glue and material , so i didnt bother looking any further on that front , gr8 idea for someone with skills for fabric leathery looking type stuff , you can get stiched covers in a leatherette type material off ebay but again its the dreaded glue on process and of course trying not to get any creases and getting a smooth surface 

• Like 1

Spray glue from places like Screwfix make it easy! Spray both card and card covering, leave it 5-10 minutes to tack off, loose roll fabric, start one side and slowly un-roll whilst smoothing as you go. Don't try to get it taut as it will try to curve the card up, just smooth. Then fold over the edges and attach with more spray glue or double sided carpet tape.

• Like 1

4 way stretch carpet will fit tight and look good if your not worried about originality. Would work really well on a worn rear shelf and would also be much quieter. However, you would lose the fake stitching detail that is on the original pvc door cards. But, if your current door cards are really rough, then you have nothing to lose and this stuff looks really neat.

I have done 2 vans with stretch carpet and it's not hard to do. 

Below is a side panel I've recently done and also some beer pods to fit the panels in grey. 

The black van carpet was easier to do, as it hides any little blemishes. 

Got my carpet and glue from Kiravans. 

PXL_20211015_110632850.jpg

PXL_20211014_123300494.jpg

PXL_20211013_063557068.jpg

PXL_20211030_151004866.jpg

PXL_20211030_150039291.jpg

PXL_20220421_095643896.jpg

PXL_20220606_180239529.jpg

IMG_20210413_172843.jpg

IMG_20210414_160531.jpg

PXL_20220716_111057675.jpg

Edited by DT36