Lushman Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 Hi Guys, This Year I will be doing to the Mongol Rally The rally will cover almost 9000miles. Unfortunately the rules changes mean I am unable to take an old school ford. so I am taking a New Skool Ford Escort. W reg 1.6 Finesse. This is being done for charity and I am looking to raise £2000 for the Christina Noble Childrens Foundation. If you would like to donate, then you can by simply go to the website. http://www.justgiving.com/mongol2009 The team website is http://mongolrally09.theadventurists.com/genghiskhar this shows Videos, Pictures and blogs Thanks For Reading Lushman
emu Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 Id love to do something like that I thought you had to use a sub 1000cc car though?
Mr Sam Posted March 3, 2009 Report Posted March 3, 2009 a mate did it in a suzuki SJ a couple of years ago and now has a land rover series 3 for it this year
Burns Posted March 4, 2009 Report Posted March 4, 2009 yeah, have they changed the sub 1ltr rule or are you being a wuss?
Trevmk3 Posted March 4, 2009 Report Posted March 4, 2009 think i saw a volvo on the M1 last year going on that as it had mongolia rally on the side of it or something, this was on my way down to retro show at the pod so probably about the right time too
Lushman Posted March 4, 2009 Author Report Posted March 4, 2009 yeah I am kinda being a wuss but the only car in my budget would have been a Daewoo Matiz. They state that cars that enter mongolia must be no more than 10 years and not exceed 1.2litre. being over the 1.2 limit it just means I have to raise more money for charity (an extra £600) Supposed to be £100 for a every 100cc over. The escort cost me £425 and I have spent loads on it already and still have loads more to do to it. looks as though my co driver is very short of cash so I may be doing it solo. Mr Sam what is you friends team called? Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now