stevepeanut Posted June 23, 2010 Report Posted June 23, 2010 can anyone explain what my squelch knob does? on my CB
stevepeanut Posted June 23, 2010 Author Report Posted June 23, 2010 its confusing me, if I turn it to the max I cant get anyone talking on any channel, if I turn it right down, theres lots of crackling but I can hear people talking away. But I just set it up and I parked between 2 houses, need to go for a drive around an experiment. Breaker breaker etc lol
stevepeanut Posted June 23, 2010 Author Report Posted June 23, 2010 just turn it to halfway breaker breaker 10-4
X FLOW EDDY Posted June 23, 2010 Report Posted June 23, 2010 If you are only runing local stuff on your rig set the volume whare you want and turn the squelch up till the background static disapers !! Make sure you dont have the Antenuation switch in as well probeley marked -10 db as this will restrict the receving performance of the rig. 10 10, just sat on the side break !! ED747 ( The engineer )
caprinerd Posted June 23, 2010 Report Posted June 23, 2010 it will cut out the background noise if your close to some one you can turn the squelch down to lose the some of the crap in the back ground
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now