So, who got their new IPhone. . .

Tom

did you go and que up overnight for it? or did you preorder it and have it delivered?

is it any good? i havnt even got a smart phone so dont know much about them :lol:

i get an iphone of some sort on July 1st :?:?

Mrs is buying me one off her mate :? but i might have her old one and she have this new thing

and BIG UP me..............i dropped my nokia 6300 in the canal tuesday night having run over it and crushed the screen with my BMX on the previous thursday :mrgreen:..... it still works Btw :thumbsup:

My mate was one of hundreds of weirdos who queued up for it. A white van driver driving by shouted 'IPHONE Apple Pies' and had everyone tutting. :mrgreen:

There are a few things I don't understand about this situation. 1) Why are people queueing up for a gimmicky phone? and 2) If they are so high tech why don't they order on something called the World Wide Web? free delivery, no queueing at silly o'clock.

Its a mad world. :roll:

And that Ipad is even more ridiculous! wtf!

i have heard on the news that if you hold the phone say for trying to make a phone call (sounds odd that bit doesnt it) then it starts to loose its signal :lol: , it only seems to be if you hold it in a certain way

It said on one of the news programs that they lose signal if you hold it in your left hand, but some clever bod at Apple has said the solution is to not hold it 'that way' :lol:

If i'm honest, I cant see the appeal of much of Apple products.....(and im feeling like a bit of moaning just for the sake of it :wink::mrgreen: )

The Iphone took, what, 3 versions before you got a camera and 3G? Far be it from me to suggest that they might have dragged it out to make more money, but, I think they dragged it out to make more money!!! Anything you want to do on it seems to require an App. Including it seems, making a phone call...... Its maybe just round here, but the few people I know who have one always seem to struggle getting a decent signal....even when us nokia and ericsson boys have full signal.

Everyone seems to have an ipod nowadays,plenty claim they cant be without it, but where were they when it was all about the walkman???

and as for the ipad.....an oversize iphone, which doesnt have a camera (2nd version??) and cant make calls? or a laptop with no keyboard?

That said, the popularity of all three of those does show how good Apples marketing must be :thumbsup:

Told you I was feeling like a pointless whinge :thumbsup::beer:

i have never seen the hype of the iphone. apple only make things compatable with apple so i dont find them very versatile, take the ipad, its just the oversized itouch. as for the new iphone, i have a new HTC HD2 that has a better and faster processor and a better screen than this new iphone its compatible with just about everything and can also be used as a wireless router. not only this but it was free on a very good and very cheap contract. what more do you need?

apple, the king of marketing.

i won't be getting the 4 though, got os4 on my 3gs and it's more than enough for me, got another year on my contract too. i'll wait till next year for the iphone 4s or iphone 5 :thumbsup:

ps. i love the iphone for it's useability and the app store, the apps are the main selling point imo

Ha ha not long! Lol

I must admit I am an apple freak, I love the styling, the usability and the 'they've thought of everything' bits - it was a b'day present to myself and I'm well happy with it