crapichris Posted March 8, 2011 Report Posted March 8, 2011 had a break in to my garden about 4 weeks ago. Nicked a set of alloy wheels, a gearbox, and some metal work from an old capri that I was saving for a rainy day. Severely damaged my fence getting in and out so made a claim on my household insurance. Finally got a phonecall on Friday from the insurance company telling me I couldn't claim for the motor parts as they were not covered under my household insurance. I spoke to my insurance broker today, and after some extensive searching, they found that practically no household insurance covers you for motor parts stored 'on the premises'. I was told I should claim on my car insurance - even though the parts stolen were at least 30 metres from the car and garage. They were happy for me to claim for the tarpulin that covered the wheels and gearbox though - whooooopeeee.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now