emu Posted April 12, 2011 Report Posted April 12, 2011 I'm thinking of ripping all the EFI off my pinto and putting it back to carburettor. Just the standard DGAV for now, but possibly twin 40's/45's if I find a cheap enough. I want to keep my nitrous though, (once Ive worked out/asked/decided how) My question is, will this fuel pump be ok? http://www.holley.com/15760NOS.asp Am I right in thinking it should be as it says it supports up to 200hp? My engine only made 150 with the nitrous last year so it should have plenty of leeway?? I know everyone uses Facet pumps normally, but I already have one of these sat in the garage doing nothing
KJ 1320 Posted April 12, 2011 Report Posted April 12, 2011 you could use it mate but will need re-jetting once you know the pressure at the solenoid.
KJ 1320 Posted April 12, 2011 Report Posted April 12, 2011 Just read your post properly,didn't realise you wanted to run the carbs as well the pump won't flow enough m8
emu Posted April 12, 2011 Author Report Posted April 12, 2011 Bugger! Ok, thank you Kev. Ill have a rethink then and be back with another madcap scheme shortly
emu Posted April 12, 2011 Author Report Posted April 12, 2011 That pump is only designed to supply the extra fuel for the gas only then? I did wonder if the flow might be a problem because it is much less than the facets, but was caught out by the 200hp bit
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now