Andrade Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 How do you stop 13gt mk1 escort calipers from rattling while moving? Can you buy caliper fitting kits that cure this from somewhere?
joe1600 Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 Do you have the little squeak shims on the back of the pads?? like this...
Andrade Posted April 6, 2014 Author Report Posted April 6, 2014 yes, but they don't seem to be doing their job right. any idea if I could get a replacement set from somewhere? All I am coming across are the type16 kits. Not sure if they're the same?
joe1600 Posted April 6, 2014 Report Posted April 6, 2014 Think there all the same tbh, You can get them from http://www.leacyclassics.com/fbs1011.html
Andrade Posted April 7, 2014 Author Report Posted April 7, 2014 I decided to look under Triumph instead of Ford and these came up. As far as I know type 14 and type 16 have different size brake pads so I don't think the retaining shims would be the same. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-HERALD-SPITFIRE-BRAKE-PAD-RETAINING-KIT-/370097183831?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ATriumph&hash=item562b82dc57
Andrade Posted April 7, 2014 Author Report Posted April 7, 2014 found these too: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAKE-PAD-FITTING-KIT-for-TRIUMPH-1300-1500-TOLEDO-/121084342497?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c313070e1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now