Jump to content

Andrade

Members
  • Posts

    2,031
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Andrade

  1. Dad and I are coming, without any cars though!
  2. Dad & I are coming, no cars though
  3. The Maltese equivalent of your Ford show, though on a much smaller scale. Photos here: http://www.classicfordmalta.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=15869326 And also on Retards Club here: https://www.Retards Club.com/media/set/?set=oa.669051099865439&type=1
  4. Haha true that, I wish I was into landrovers instead of these weird old fords
  5. Got my hands on a set of shocks identical to the ones I have bar for the fact that they are 2" shorter. Next I'll have to shorten the struts to suit these, put the bump stops in and in theory job done finally. This will have to wait a little while since I'm currently reading through my thesis, but at least I can put my mind at rest that I'll be able to enjoy the car this summer!
  6. door closing better already almost back to normal
  7. So quick update: Door seals are in place. A bit harder to close the doors but on a positive note they are no longer leaking when it rains. I assume over time they will settle in place as that's what these seals do. Bolts got here as well but I'm yet to install them.
  8. Being located in malta this is not really feasible. Having said this there are a number of very capable engineering shops with experience in building hillclimb cars. So if I manage to find the correct short insert, I can get the strut casing shortened locally.
  9. My current setup doesn't have a hole at the bottom of the strut, could someone tell me if bilstein inserts fit just by adding the hole? I have no experience with these kind of inserts
  10. Ok so tried these out but when fully compressed there is no travel. So I'll have to bite the bullet and go for shorter struts
  11. Sorted
  12. would that appear here? http://www.retrobolts.co.uk/department/special-order
  13. Mine are mk2 escort struts converted to coilovers with top adjustable inserts. This setup is in the Anglia so fitment wouldn't be 100% like Escort
  14. Hi there Sounds good to me. I need the rubber seals for both sides of my estate, same lengths as the two door escorts. I'll have the steering arm UNF bolt kit as well. I assume the kit is for both sides? Shall I purchase them through the site?
  15. I would have to take the hub off just to check the length. The backplate is not very wide though so I don't think 2mm will make much of a difference? Are the bolts metric? these are for mk1 struts not mk2 so I need these in UNF thread ideally
  16. http://www.burtonpower.com/powerflex-bump-stop-kit-pair-universal-polybs009k.html Found it! cheap enough to try out if it actually solves the problem as my springs are already 200lb on 10,5" Thanks again to everyone
  17. Reviving an old thread, but still didn't get around doing it as I'm not using the car much. Does anyone know where to buy the poly bump stops visible within this strut? http://www.burtonpower.com/gaz-gold-coilover-leg-f-escort-mk2-rs2000-capri-new-gzgga4491as.html
  18. cool thanks for that! While at it, I sent you an email through the website for postage cost to Malta. And something else crossed my mind. I also need a set of bolts & proper locknuts for 13gt struts which go through the backplate, strut, and steering arms. Do you happen to have any of those? Mine keep coming slightly loose even with threadlock and they rattle with every minor road imperfection
  19. thans for that! was about to place the order but they went out of stock on their ebay page... willl keep an eye open
  20. Thanks guys! @ Pelikan had you got around fitting them by any chance?
  21. Can anyone point me in the direction of good quality Escort mk1 2 door rubber seals? Ideally ones which you won't have to kick the doors to close
  22. Looks like they were introduced in the later models then
×
×
  • Create New...