Jump to content

Andrade

Members
  • Posts

    2,031
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Andrade

  1. of course, i meant which variants or years of the mk1 - edited original post
  2. As the subject, any idea which mk1 escorts came with the blue emblem on their hubcaps? Just bought a set and am curious to know what they were on originally.
  3. and again, this time an estate http://maltarightnow.com/news/2015/01/04/zewg-persuni-l-isptar-wara-incident-tat-traffiku-fpembroke/
  4. that's cheating
  5. What time? I'll be home most of the day if you want a garage tour
  6. Thanks for your reply, this is just the kind of info I'm looking for! I'm from Qormi.
  7. Where did you get yours from GJUK?
  8. First of all happy new year 2015 to all of you guys! So new year's resolution is to overhaul the steering & suspension of my Anglia. I have asked a related question a while back so I do know what to watch out for, but still did not get around doing the upgrade http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/ipb/index.php?/topic/77602-quick-rack/?hl=%2Bquick+%2Brack where would you recommend I buy one for my setup?
  9. someone called? not on here much lately currently working all out on my thesis and other coursework! He is a member of the same club I am in, this is a post from the club's website showing his car http://www.classicfordmalta.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=192801072 I still cannot picture who the owner is though, there are a number of similar escorts and cannot seem to dig up anything on Retards Club http://www.classicfordmalta.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=195455368 http://www.classicfordmalta.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=195960132 http://www.classicfordmalta.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=196609557
  10. Hi Mate thanks a lot for that. I have searched online and found quite a number of people saying that they were better off without the ARB than with it, but I cannot understand why yet. In your case would a double anti rollbar have made it any better than going down the route you went?
  11. I am planning some changes in my Anglia's front suspension next year (currently escort setup with compression struts). I'm eyeing on shorter strut bodies to get some more travel before bottoming out, and also an anti rollbar with drop links. Does anyone have experiences with this kind of setup? I found this one which seems to be a more decent solution than burton's drop link kit http://www.motorsport-tools.com/escort-mk1-mk2-rix-front-anti-roll-bar-kit-to-suit-compression-struts.html
  12. Is there a comprehensive list of what wing badges should be on what kind of car? I have bought my estate without wing badges and am considering putting a pair in but have no idea which are the ones suitable for mine. It is a 1972 model
  13. already have ignition kits, leads and sparkplugs from them, had no issues so far with the products
  14. Looking for a pair of sunvisors for a mk1 escort, accidentally broke off the end of one of them when cleaning
  15. The road I would like to go down to is keep the struts I currently have (which are converted to coilovers) and find a more suitable insert. I had a look at motorsport tools website but prices are well beyond my budget for a road car. I already raised the ride height by an inch since before the problem was much worse than it is now! That has made the car driveable, but it still bottoms out when the road is not perfect. I just sent an inquiry to GAZ to see whether they could produce a shock with standard body height and shorter piston to overcome this problem.
  16. are these just the shocks or the whole leg?
  17. I am running Escort mk2 struts on the front with top adjustable gaz shocks. The issue I have is that since the car is lowered, they tend to bottom out very easily with the slightest bump on the road. Can anyone point me in the direction where I can get a set of shocks which do not bottom out so easily on a lowered car?
  18. thanks will check beforehand
  19. ok then! I'll send a few questions before making the purchase. thanks!
  20. The ones I'm coming across are being advertised as both Mk1 and Mk2 items. Is the track rod ends the only thing that is different? Currently I'm aiming for the rack below, seems to be good value for money http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk1-mk2-Escort-Rs2000-Mexico-Quick-Steering-Rack-2-4-/131140758560?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e88992c20
  21. I have an Escort mk1 xmember and rack coupled to escort mk2 struts with the correct track rod ends. I am looking into purchasing a quick rack for two reasons. One is to actually make the steering a bit faster, the second is to get rid of the play in my current rack which has already been fixed about two years ago. The question is, should I go for a mk1 escort quick rack or a mk2 escort 1? I basically don't know if there are differences between the two Also recommendations from where to buy a decent quality one would be great
  22. found these too: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAKE-PAD-FITTING-KIT-for-TRIUMPH-1300-1500-TOLEDO-/121084342497?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c313070e1
  23. I decided to look under Triumph instead of Ford and these came up. As far as I know type 14 and type 16 have different size brake pads so I don't think the retaining shims would be the same. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-HERALD-SPITFIRE-BRAKE-PAD-RETAINING-KIT-/370097183831?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ATriumph&hash=item562b82dc57
  24. yes, but they don't seem to be doing their job right. any idea if I could get a replacement set from somewhere? All I am coming across are the type16 kits. Not sure if they're the same?
  25. If you want to make the suspensions a bit more sporty go for a set of poly bushes and perhaps lowering springs (smallest poundage if running a x/flow). If you haven't done that already that is. They suit a road car nicely and it's the setup I opted for in my escort estate and the difference in comfort between the two cars is massive.
×
×
  • Create New...