Jump to content

Andrade

Members
  • Posts

    2,031
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Andrade

  1. lol true, the main roads interconnecting most towns are fine though
  2. this video goes through the basics nicely
  3. im running compression struts with 200lb springs on the front of my anglia, in retrospect I should have fitted and antirollbar. It's a fast car and corners well under power if the road is fine, but you won't get from point a to point b any quicker if you have to slow down to a stop to go over every imperfection in the road.
  4. They both share the task of keeping the wheel in place at a defined amount of castor. however the anti roll bar, as the name suggests, counters roll while cornering. removing the anti roll bar loses the link between the front wheels, so to compensate one would typically run harder springs on the front. this would be very annoying for a road car that will be used frequently.
  5. How do you stop 13gt mk1 escort calipers from rattling while moving? Can you buy caliper fitting kits that cure this from somewhere?
  6. the 4 round things are from a 105e anglia's indicators
  7. I did not have a fuel pressure gauge to test it, so since it was my daily I simply put in an inline filter instead of it. If you do have a pressure gauge check if the pressure is set up too low and increase it. If you don't have one, bypass the regulator just to test if it cures the issue, if it does get it set up at a local garage.
  8. Well there's no rocket science here really with these engines. It's either related to spark or fuelling (assuming the engine's timing is correct) Do you have enough fuel pressure to keep the carb full? I had an issue similar to this on a viva once, after servicing the distributor and trying a bunch of other things I found out that the fuel regulator I had recently installed wasn't allowing enough fuel to get through, this was with a mechanical pump. So after I would drive around on high revs for a while it would just shut off.
  9. I used peugeot 205 GTI calipers at the back of mine. Theres plenty of service parts available too
  10. Correct, escort one in my anglia with standard shafts
  11. Went for the Burton ones simply because ive purchased stuff from there before. Cheers guys
  12. Hi guys I'm looking to buy a set of clear indicator lenses for a Mk3 Capri. I have seen a number of sets being sold by the below companies. Can you reccommend which ones you had experience with? Burton http://www.burtonpower.com/clear-front-indicators-capri-mk3-caplens1.html Retro Ford International http://www.retrofordinternational.co.uk/ford-capri-mk3-clear-indicators-3824-p.asp Capri Club http://capriclub.co.uk/indicator-clear?search=clear
  13. this pretty much covers it
  14. Hi guys I have a set of 13gt legs on my escort mk1 estate. Can someone point me to where I can buy some sort of kit to keep these in place? or perhaps a well known trick I can do to avoid this?
  15. Thanks! But keep in mind mine is red top not silver top. If you want to be 100% sure just pour some fuel in the tank, and aim the pump to some container or back in the tank itself, won't take more than a few minutes to try out for your own peace of mind
  16. Before I fitted it to the car I had tested my red top facet on the bench, with a fuel can on the floor.. So I'd say you're safe Inside the car though the inlet is in the bottom side of the tank. Below are some photos of my setup while I was still building the car.
  17. 60 too Did not bother with the vauxhall one. Have plenty of bad memories of my Viva HC going through rockers every odd month. a 1.3 pinto solved it eventually
  18. I have a 4:1 diff with quaife ATB fitted in my anglia estate. It is definitely some of the best money I spent on the car. Cornering on power and the car stays stable. Some tyrespin through 1st, 2nd and a bit of 3rd and the car stays straight. And that's just from some lively road driving on clear sunday mornings. I would assume it would be even more noticeable on track days!
  19. Leave me a PM closer to the date, maybe the classic ford club i'm in will have a show. The show dates for this year are not up yet so I don't know what's gonan happen just yet.
  20. Some shots from last year
  21. I know some of you guys attend the Maltese drag strip on a regular basis. Just came across this on Retards Club and thought I'd post it here. I'm not really a drag racing fan, but I'll be with my car at the MDRA for charity car show. It's one of the biggest maltese shows with both static displays and run what you bring style drag racing, all for a good cause.
  22. Im sure rubbers can be used but don't know about the glass. The windows of the estate versions of both cars don't match for sure though
×
×
  • Create New...