skeeter Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 When looking my car over at the weekend ahead of its MOT I noticed that one of the engine mount rubbers was looking cracked and generally a little tired. The other side looked fine. Can I change the engine mounts as an amateur mechanic? In my mind I would use a trolley jack under the engine, lift it a little and then jiggle the old mount out and slip the new mount in. (Bear in mind I have never done anything like this before). Or am I being too ambitious? S
SmokeEm Posted April 7, 2014 Report Posted April 7, 2014 Nope - as you say - tis a doddle but make sure you use a decent bit of wood on your trolley jack so as not to cause damage
skeeter Posted April 7, 2014 Author Report Posted April 7, 2014 Thanks, will give it a go (with the famous last words of "how hard can it be?") S
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now