Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've decided to abandon my T5 project. I had grand plans to run this engine with an Emerald ECU. Jenvey do a manifold for it for throttle bodies. This range of engines was used by Ford in the Focus-ST/RS, Mondeo & S-Max. It's a 5-pot, 2.5 litre, turbo'd with VVT on both cams. This one is thought to be from a Ford Focus ST and has Ford Duratec engine cover. It's mostly stamped "Volvo" underneath though. AFAIK this one is from a Focus-ST225 so potentially a lot of power.

 

As part of the project I bought a Volvo RWD M90 5-speed gearbox which is currently mated with the engine - but there is no clutch.

 

My preference is to sell everything as one lot and I'm looking for £750. I'm located in south east Wales. Viewing is welcome, in fact it's encouraged. I can confirm the engine turns with a spanner. The gearbox turns by hand I was able to select gears when the lever was connected. 

 

t5-for-sale%20-%2010.jpg

 

t5-for-sale%20-%209.jpg

 

There is a crack in the plastic cover. It's been plastic welded. New ones are available from Ford - choose i5, ST or RS branding and pay accordingly!

t5-for-sale%20-%208.jpg

 

Before I bought the engine it was stored under a tarp. I painted the alloy, the only area I was concerned about are the VVT pulley which are rusty.

t5-for-sale%20-%206.jpg

 

When I bought the engine it already had a modified sump. We modified it further but it warped and then cracked while being welded. There's enough left I think for an alloy welder to make a custom sump around, but perhaps better to buy another sump and start again.

 

t5-for-sale%20-%2011.jpg

 

t5-for-sale%20-%207.jpg

 

t5-for-sale%20-%206.jpg

 

t5-for-sale%20-%205.jpg

 

t5-for-sale%20-%204.jpg

 

t5-for-sale%20-%203.jpg

 

I stripped a damaged T5 to learn a bit about the engines, and I kept anything which looked useful:

 

Early sump:

t5-for-sale%20-%201.jpg

 

The bit of engine which goes above the sump:

t5-for-sale%20-%202.jpg

 

These bits are included:

t5-for-sale%20-%2012.jpg

 

This is the turbo from an earlier T5 engine. It fits on but it's unlikely to make 225bhp I think.

t5-for-sale%20-%2013.jpg

 

The gear stick has been turned down to a Ford comptible thread.

 

t5-for-sale%20-%2014.jpg

 

New oil filter, sump plug, O-rings

t5-for-sale%20-%2015.jpg

 

More parts that are included:

t5-for-sale%20-%2016.jpg

 

t5-for-sale%20-%2017.jpg

 

t5-for-sale%20-%2019.jpg

 

Parts of the loom, there's an ECU but it's not complete - e.g. no ignition key. I was going to run it with an Emerald ECU.

t5-for-sale%20-%2018.jpg

 

It was a bit rusty and given the price of new ones, I had the flywheel zinc-passivated:

 

t5-for-sale%20-%2020.jpg

 

and it's fitted with new Ford/Volvo bolts:

t5-for-sale%20-%2021.jpg

 

×
×
  • Create New...