X-pack-Glyn Posted August 2, 2008 Report Posted August 2, 2008 HT racing used to do adaptors for the pinto that allowed them to take normal 14mm plugs... i get 14mm plugs for free but pinto ones seem to be forever a pain in the arse to get and pricey to me at 2.40 a plug is these adaptors still available anywhere?
Fishtailparka Posted August 2, 2008 Report Posted August 2, 2008 Just a random guess, but how about trying HT
c20xe Posted August 2, 2008 Report Posted August 2, 2008 HT used to supply a plug adaptor for 10mm plugs,Ive got them fitted to my engine ,but the plugs are recessed into the adapter to get the plug into the combustion chamber.The OE plugs are 18mm and if fitting 14mm plugs in a screw in adapter, this would only leave a wall thickness of 2mm,this would be prone to breaking,if somebody does an adapter for 14mm plugs I would guess that they are pressed in or welded in.If I remember correctly 10mm plugs were used by HT [when it was HT]because of the greater available heat ranges in the 10mm size.If you return the fiver I gave you,I will deliver to your door ,one evening next week,4AP6FS,25 miles use and one brand new set of NGKR pinto standard plugs.
tim Posted August 2, 2008 Report Posted August 2, 2008 i know they do adaptor to take bike plugs,used to be sold on turbosport
X-pack-Glyn Posted August 4, 2008 Author Report Posted August 4, 2008 HT used to supply a plug adaptor for 10mm plugs,Ive got them fitted to my engine ,but the plugs are recessed into the adapter to get the plug into the combustion chamber.The OE plugs are 18mm and if fitting 14mm plugs in a screw in adapter, this would only leave a wall thickness of 2mm,this would be prone to breaking,if somebody does an adapter for 14mm plugs I would guess that they are pressed in or welded in.If I remember correctly 10mm plugs were used by HT [when it was HT]because of the greater available heat ranges in the 10mm size.If you return the fiver I gave you,I will deliver to your door ,one evening next week,4AP6FS,25 miles use and one brand new set of NGKR pinto standard plugs. excellent.... what else have you got in your garage
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now