emu Posted August 7, 2008 Report Posted August 7, 2008 There is a small article in this months PPC about a ford galaxie fitted with a "Turbo drag-axle". A what? I here you cry!! Basically its a rocket that direct drives your rear axle to give you a bit more uumphh http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/20 ... _acme.html So who is gonna build one and shove it in there OSF first
over_head_cam Posted August 7, 2008 Report Posted August 7, 2008 I want one of each. How fookin excellent are they? Reading the write up it seems that the good old H&S bods killed the projects and the company
surfingturnip Posted August 7, 2008 Report Posted August 7, 2008 wonder what the insurence company would say to me
V8ian Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 Im guessing Turbonique?? Quite radical in there time, They ran a beetle with one of their axles for years, I think it was running 8 in the mid 60s and if I emember correctly a Kart with one on but I think that was banned pretty quickly, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-TUR ... enameZWDVW http://cgi.ebay.com/1967-Gene-Canham-Do ... dZViewItem Unfortunatly, all the info I had got binned,/lost by mistake when we moved house
petrolhead Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 Superb find, and really interesting read. I found this: http://www.almar.easynet.be/turbonique.htm I like the sound of a go-Kart that will do 0-150mph in 4 secs before going airborne and spinning out
Johnson Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 mental, have you seen this turbine powered super bike.
Tom Posted August 8, 2008 Report Posted August 8, 2008 A little extra ooomph? the article says 850 horses!!!! Phil, this is what i was tellin you about at FF
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now