tina2 Posted May 10, 2010 Report Posted May 10, 2010 Finally got round to putting startermotor back on Cortina, got it running and took it for first drive of year. Felt good to be driving her again. There are a couple of things needing sorted out, slight vibration at about 50 mph and need to put filter on the fuel pick up in tank. When I sorted the tank I used tank sealer and I think it is coming of and blocking the pick up. It has caused the car to stop a couple of times so I will fix this soon. Looking forward to putting some miles on it.
tina2 Posted May 19, 2010 Author Report Posted May 19, 2010 Cortina stopped dead the other day so I finally decided to take pick up pipe out to check and sure enough it was totally blocked. Also found out that the fuel gauge doesnt work, it was showing nearly empty but a gallon came out when I took the pick up out . Luckily I had a petrol can under it . I got a small filter for it so I should get it back together at weekend . Hopefully this will be the end of this problem.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now