Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone had any experience of machining the hub mounting face on 7 inch wide superlites?

 

My tyres just touch the arch if the back of the car has a bit of weight in. Its just enough to have rubbed the writing off the sidewal on the offside.

 

Rather than run narrower or lower profile tyres I thought I might get a couple of millimetres taken off the back of the wheel to give the clearence.

 

So I was wondering if anyone had done this before, and how much they had skimmed off.

 

Thank you :D:thumbsup:

Posted

I havent got any arch lip left to roll :-( I chopped it all back flush and it still rubs.

 

I think my tyres are bigger than yours though :thumbsup:

Posted

Didn't colin get his done?

 

Take them to Leedsheath on the slyfield estate in guildford mate, they're always good for some cash work :wink:

Posted

Im only thing about 3mm, so not loads and loads.

 

I'll try and get chance to whip a wheel off tomorrow and see how much meat there is to start with :thumbsup:

Posted

I would'nt have thought you'd have a problem taking that much off, think the problem you might have tho is finding a company that has jaws big enough to hold the wheel for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...