Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

nice, i'm sure there is supposed to be a metal plate either side of those spring bushes mate. And you may have to point the bump stops forward a bit too :wink:

Posted

little plate? huh?

 

The bump stops are dead top centre, is that wrong?

 

Thanks

 

Jon

Posted

you may find the bump stops need rotating forwards a touch but you will be able to set them better when it is up on the car :thumbsup:

Posted

the u-bolts should get caught on the kerb nicely as well lol.there is normally a plate that goes over the the locating hole in the centre bolt of the spring,you only have the rubber spacer thing

Posted
the u-bolts should get caught on the kerb nicely as well lol.

 

Obviously need cutting down, yet to be done. I thought there was no point in doing this first ast it would cause issues getting the bolt to thread properly and might be cut too short.

 

The 'rubber spacer things' are replacements and as far as I could see that was the only way to mount them.

 

Jon

Posted
Very bling ninja :thumbsup:

 

Thanks mate,

 

does it look 'right' to everyone?

 

Cheers

 

Jon

Posted
Do all escorts have that rubber spacer thingy because mine don’t have em :?

Do I need them????

Looks good as well pal :thumbsup:

 

When I stripped mine down, it was metal on metal, no rubber at all.

 

I guess they're not required but must add a little more movement to soften the blows of up and down-ness in the car.

 

Just hope I've bolted the fecker together right :mrgreen::thumbsup:

Posted

jon

you may find that after a few miles on the road the axle may move around, causing the car to 'crab' a little.

its only a suggestion but if it were me i'd take the rubbers out from around the spring.

there should be no movement between the axle and the leafspring, afterall its the only thing stopping the whole axle moving forward and backward :wink::thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...