SmokeEm Posted July 9, 2013 Report Posted July 9, 2013 On way home from the Retro Show, the trip computer thing beeped to say I only had 50miles range left in tank and nearly 60 to home so I pulled off M25 at the A30 to fill up with only 5 miles range left. When I turned the key to remove the fuel cap there was a lot of pressure released? Not had this happen before. Is it normal? Car is non injected 2.8 V6 and obviously it was fooking hot outside. Anyone?
Escort Mk1 4 Door Posted July 9, 2013 Report Posted July 9, 2013 maybe a blocked tank vent altho my 2.6 v6 audi did that today aswell
joe1600 Posted July 9, 2013 Report Posted July 9, 2013 Are Capri's fitted with an EVAP systems??? If they are its worth giving it a check to see if it is blocked.
Fiesta Steve Posted July 10, 2013 Report Posted July 10, 2013 I think most of my cars, new and old, have done that when very low on fuel.. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now