Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Keep it mate.drop it 4inches and when ur at shows this year put a for sale sticker on it;) I bought mine thru a for sale sign at classic ford show,and the potential buyer can view the car at same time, saves all the idiot timewasters on ebay

Posted

Why do people  bid on an item, win it, arrange to pick it up etc then blank you?????? I just dont understand what fun they get out of doing that, his loss as it looks a cracking car

  

 

I don't get it either mate? Changing his mind about buying it is one thing, it's sh*t but not the end of the world, what annoyed me was why tell me sat night that he'll be setting off at 7am Sunday to collect it but then just not come - not even tell me he's changed his mind so I end up waiting in for him all day? Oh well I might end up keeping it yet anyways.

 

 

Keep it mate.drop it 4inches and when ur at shows this year put a for sale sticker on it;) I bought mine thru a for sale sign at classic ford show,and the potential buyer can view the car at same time, saves all the idiot timewasters on ebay

It's your bloody car that's messing with my head haha, i was convinced I wanted another mk1 but every time I see a pic of yours on those black minilites I think I should keep the mk2. Trouble is I would want black minilites so it would sort of be a replica of your car which I'm sure you wouldn't be happy about. I fancy painting it a different colour though? Perhaps the green colour that they had on 100e's? Or shark blue? Or RS1800 replica on black 8's. Or just sell it? I really can't make a decision on it

Posted

Yeh I think I might try that, like you say it will give genuine buyers a better chance to buy it, cheers  :thumbsup:

if someone didn't accept my best offer until I got to there house I would think they were a bit dodgy,if you have a best offer surely as ebay is supposed to be a legal binding contract you should abide by it >??
  • Like 1
Posted

^^^ it is supposed to be but it isn't. I accepted a best offer on the condition I received a £50 deposit beforehand. No deposit, no sale. Sorts the genuine guys out from the tossers if which there are many!

Posted

^^^ it is supposed to be but it isn't. I accepted a best offer on the condition I received a £50 deposit beforehand. No deposit, no sale. Sorts the genuine guys out from the tossers if which there are many!

ive sold 20 plus cars without any trouble or deposits req on ebay,as long as the car is AS described there is no problems in my expieriance
Posted

Likewise fella. My time is more important to me than the sale so I always offer to refund the £50 if car is not as described. Not had to return a deposit yet. Taking £50 just weeds out timewasters in my experience. :thumbsup:

 

Also, I have almost 1000 positive feedback as a seller on eBay and that also helps.

Posted

I don't get it either mate? Changing his mind about buying it is one thing, it's sh*t but not the end of the world, what annoyed me was why tell me sat night that he'll be setting off at 7am Sunday to collect it but then just not come - not even tell me he's changed his mind so I end up waiting in for him all day? Oh well I might end up keeping it yet anyways.

 

It's your bloody car that's messing with my head haha, i was convinced I wanted another mk1 but every time I see a pic of yours on those black minilites I think I should keep the mk2. Trouble is I would want black minilites so it would sort of be a replica of your car which I'm sure you wouldn't be happy about. I fancy painting it a different colour though? Perhaps the green colour that they had on 100e's? Or shark blue? Or RS1800 replica on black 8's. Or just sell it? I really can't make a decision on it

Mate it wouldn't bother me at all, it'd be good to see it done;) I've had comp turbos, silver, black, blue, silver(again), and now graphite grey mini lites on mine(I sprayed them myself!)so ur not alone in not being able to make ur mind up!lol, got ST lump in mine and goes great so stick the zetec in,it does transform it,and get some black 8s on it, u won't wanna sell it then!
  • Like 1
Posted

has sidpf 1972 made an appointment to turn up and not shown that's terrible report him

Classified is a nightmare as well I'm finding.

Nothing but messers and people who have nothing better to do than pester me with stupid offers (including a certain sidpf1972, he gets about lol!)

People make appointments to view then don't turn up, I even had an offer above the asking price.

I'd been dreading putting it on there because of the stories I'd heard about the messers but went for it anyway as ebay surely gets the biggest audience, but you have to be prepared to filter out the wallies.

Genuine folk tend to phone

Posted

Mate it wouldn't bother me at all, it'd be good to see it done;) I've had comp turbos, silver, black, blue, silver(again), and now graphite grey mini lites on mine(I sprayed them myself!)so ur not alone in not being able to make ur mind up!lol, got ST lump in mine and goes great so stick the zetec in,it does transform it,and get some black 8s on it, u won't wanna sell it then!

 

That's cool  :thumbsup:   Yeh I've seen your car on all the wheels & it's been the car that makes me want to build a mk2, it's spot on! I just really have my heart set on a mk1 at the moment but to be fair everytime I have a mk1 I see a pic of your car & start hankering after a mk2 0n 8's again. My mk2 would be ideal too because it has factory rolled arches that are mint. I just cant choose.... need both!

 

Get that Zetec in it Daz,,, you know you want to

 

Well it might happen yet Alan, I've had about 30 odd calls & stacks of offers near to the mark but just not quiet there, no-one has shown up to see it yet though. There is a guy meant to be coming round in the morning and a few saying they'll ring Sunday to view but if it doesn't go this weekend I might just crack on with it?

All that puts me off is I want to build something to a good spec and i'll probs have 13 - 14k in it once it's done, but being a base model car I would never get that back for it & I'm not known for keeping cars a long time. I love mk2's but mk1's just have the edge for me personally & I would prob end up selling the mk2 for less than it cost me to build? :dope:  

×
×
  • Create New...