thrashermax Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 Thanks to my Dad, RIP, I have a psychological problem obsession with mk1 Escorts... My first Escort was a lovely 1300E, totally standard. I had this for 2 years, I drove it to Cornwall from Horsham (near Gatwick) and all around Cornwall whilst there. I loved this one but needed to sell as money was tight at the time...My second was a Mexico replica with a 1600cc fitted mated to a type 9 5 speed and 2.8 Capri struts, six clock dash etc...looked nice but was welded to death underneath! Still solid though!My third was a 1100L with 1800cc zetec, Anglia axle to take larger wheels, disc brakes all around, type 9 quick shift, Morgan dash dials, slammed South London look... I never fell in love with it... shame because it did look good...Forth was the Wheeler Dealer Escort, great car and I spent lots on her to make her go as well as she looks. Problem was I had an itch for a RS2000 and had been looking for the right one for a few years. Anyway, £1,000.00 will be given to Cancel Research on the sale of the Wheeler Dealer car.Then finally, my dream one - genuine RS2000! I think I'm done now... my disease has been cured, no need to keep looking on ebay etc... 1
mikehunt Posted March 7, 2014 Report Posted March 7, 2014 fair play nice cars you have got good taste bless your old man,and good on you for donating 1000 pounds to a really good cause.i must admit I love the blue zetec mk1
thrashermax Posted March 7, 2014 Author Report Posted March 7, 2014 fair play nice cars you have got good taste bless your old man,and good on you for donating 1000 pounds to a really good cause.i must admit I love the blue zetec mk1 Yes, it looks really nice but the E and RS are more comfortable!
irishtorag Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 Never done Max Escorts look well but even with the RS flea bay is an addiction on its own Wellwear with the RS lad 1
thrashermax Posted March 8, 2014 Author Report Posted March 8, 2014 Never done Max Escorts look well but even with the RS flea bay is an addiction on its own Wellwear with the RS lad You're right... I keep looking...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now