stuartp Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 After my recent lucky escape where I woke up to find two blokes wheeling my car out of the close I'm keen on fitting the (Chubb I think) deadlocks I have had laying around for a while to the bottom of the doors on my car I don't think I can do it myself but I just have no clue who I would go to for such a task - it's not really bodywork, it's not mechanical, it's not electrical - what kind of a business should I be asking? anyone have a clue? anyone on here do it?
SmokeEm Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 I did it many moons ago to my old Mk1 Escort - Only special tools required were a drill and a metal file. Took about an hour a side including touching up the paint that had been drilled to protect from rust. 1
stuartp Posted May 7, 2014 Author Report Posted May 7, 2014 do you not need to cut straight holes in the door and the pillar aswell as drilling the hole for the key?
SmokeEm Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 I drilled a few holes and then hacksaw'd them together and cleaned it up with a file
stuartp Posted May 7, 2014 Author Report Posted May 7, 2014 that actually sounds like something I could just about manage
SmokeEm Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 Only other thing I used was tippex to put a blob on the end of the latch to see where it hits the door shut
Savvi Posted May 9, 2014 Report Posted May 9, 2014 Enter your postcode in here Stu and then search for slam locks or deadlocks I cant remember where you are now but there should be someone close to you. They class it as Physical Security. www.ifitstuff.com use the engineer locator. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now