trissybabes
Members-
Posts
99 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Events
Everything posted by trissybabes
-
Guess you could get hired to do some karaoke work for these guys now then...
-
1. WHAT IT WERE. - Capri 1.6 Laser in Rosso (Dog Dick) Red with 1 faded red wing 2. CONDITION. - Not bad, save for the faded and fairly frilly drver's side wing. 3. YOUR AGE AT THE TIME. - 25 4. HOW MUCH IT COST. - £995 5. DO YOU WISH YOU STILL HAD IT. - No. 6. FONDEST MEMORY WITH THAT OLD FORD. - Eating fried chicken in it the first night I bought it and the fact that the bent steering rack meant it would turn left tighter than right. 7. WHAT HAPPEND TO IT. Sold to a chap in Wembley 3 years after I had it. 8. WHAT DO YOU OWN NOW. Capri 280 turbo 9. IF ITS SAME TYPE OF CAR WHY. - My ultimate car. Was always going to be Capris in some form or another. Would love a GT4 as well one day.
-
Sab, either you were using your handbrake on the way back, or it was behaving itself, cos I didn't see you flashing yer sideys once... lead foot - I can't believe that! That RS show seems to be fated - Gary has had a few problems in the past with it - maybe it's cursed - like the weather was...
-
Nice pics sab - the one from inside your car is sums up the day for me! I've sat in some car parks in the rain in my time, but never had such a lovely view...
-
OY! Quicker next time... http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... hp?t=48066
-
Just got back from Bodmin RS Show - great little show except that the rain curtailed events slightly this year. However, Duchy Capri Club won club stand of the day and lead foot received 2nd in class for his gorgeous Mk1 Cortina. Pics are available here Details of the event HERE.
-
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 2007 Video
trissybabes replied to trissybabes's topic in EVENT REPORTS
I tried not to focus on it too much sab - but I still have Fleetwood Mac ringing in my ears - I wake up screaming "Don't Stop!" in the middle of the night. Sam must be wondering what the hell I'm dreaming about... -
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 2007 Video
trissybabes replied to trissybabes's topic in EVENT REPORTS
Thought you'd like that bit... BTW I didn't need to climb any trees, I just stood on Sam's shoulders. Which gave me at least another 2 feet in height. (Boy am I glad she doesn't visit these forms...) Thanks for the feedback everyone! I was a little disappointed that the music distorts a little at the beginning but that's due to compression for YouTube. First time I rendered it, it came out at 800mb and considering YouTube's limit is 100mb, I had to do something... BTW Vista - if you need the original hi-res footage to identify your bay poker, let me know... -
Duchy Capri club show, Lots of Pics 56K beware.
trissybabes replied to Vista's topic in EVENT REPORTS
Vid's done! http://www.oldskoolford.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... hp?t=46271 -
Duchy Capri club show, Lots of Pics 56K beware.
trissybabes replied to Vista's topic in EVENT REPORTS
I've finally got round to updating our website too - full list of trophy winners to be added though. If you want to see some more pics from the day(!) have a butcher's hook at the following link: http://duchycapriclub.fotopic.net/c1289509.html Be warned: I am currently working on cutting together a vid of the day too, so I shall let 'ee know when 'tis done... -
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 07
trissybabes replied to sab6024's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
By the way - I'm intending to video the show this year so that I can upload it to YouTube and then link it back to our website! So come along, get your teeth all Hammonded up and be seen by a global audience! -
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 07
trissybabes replied to sab6024's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
Aww, come on guys!!! The Duchy hardcore always make a big effort to come to as many out of county shows as we can. It's only an hour and a bit away from Exeter - the weather down here has been fantastic for Easter and it'll stay that way for our show. We want to make this the biggest and best Classic Ford Show in the far west of the UK - surely you can make the effort for just one day??!! -
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 07
trissybabes replied to sab6024's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
hey! tris i think you are taking the p#ss mate, WHAT A WASTE OF AN OLD FORD I'm with you Steve! Not good to see OSF's meet their fate like that. Mind you, those infamous Cornish hedges have killed a few of my cars too - nasty one at Hayle leapt out in front of me about 10 years ago. Killed the Mini I was in. Still, made for a steep learning curve. Never approach corners too fast in the wet - especially when your NSR wheel locks under braking... Still - good new was that I traded that Mini in for the first of many Capri's... Sab, I wouldn't dare add those pics - don't worry. It will never be mentioned again. -
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 07
trissybabes replied to sab6024's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
Do you want those Escy pics adding to your profile page on the DCC website Sab? Reckon a bit of T-cut would have sorted that... -
There's also one on the RAC website too... http://www.rac.co.uk/web/vehiclechecks/ ... 49425FCA5D
-
Is all I have to say to that... Wonder how far gone it is underneath. If it's that frilly on top, I wouldn't hold my breath...
-
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 07
trissybabes replied to sab6024's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
Erm, slight delusions of grandeur there mate? Sam keeps telling me that size isn't everything... It's a bit bad when you can't remember what motor is in your own car. I bet it also does 150mph........you know, like Andrews did yea i know i tried to change it i caught the wrong key i will try again, the signiture is cool thanks Your litreage has been reduced. Glad you like the piccy too! I can't set it up as a direct link to our site until you've posted more than 10 times, so get posting Steve! -
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 07
trissybabes replied to sab6024's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
Erm, slight delusions of grandeur there mate? Sam keeps telling me that size isn't everything... -
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 07
trissybabes replied to sab6024's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
A quick trip to the body shop to have those wings strengthened before May then. OOh, duchy boy... I'm guessing Sabrina might not want us in our thongs draped on her bonnet anyway? -
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 07
trissybabes replied to sab6024's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
Wayhey... Time to get the buffers out, methinks... -
Duchy Capri Club Classic Car Show 07
trissybabes replied to sab6024's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
If we all get together now and start praying for good weather then you never what could happen. Don't stay on your knees too long there sab, you'll get a reputation... It will be a great show this year - check out the Duchy Capri site's gallery from last year. Hopefully, those girlies will be there again in their thermal bikinis to drape themselves over your car for some pictures. Duchy Boy's only just managed to polish the marks out from last year mind...