Daveyboy20
Members-
Posts
1,074 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Events
Everything posted by Daveyboy20
-
Dont worry not going mad! Bought some buckets with mk2 fiesta subframes wondering if they'll go straight in or if Ill have to mod them?
-
oh well this just fills me with confidence
Daveyboy20 replied to shakey n his fezz's topic in EVENT REPORTS
Theres no lights in that one mate thats why it seems flimsy, you'll be alright if you keep your lights in! -
Do we know how much it'd be for a pair of rear GAZ shocks for my mk3 Capri? cheers dude
-
THE PHANTOM CLOCK (CAPRI'S EH!!!)
Daveyboy20 replied to vibrating_Cake's topic in OLD SKOOL FORD CHAT
Haha, thats well good! -
A pair of Gaz struts for the back of my Capri would be great, see if you can find out how many would be needed for group buy and how much they'd be?
-
Nice one, post pics! Oh and mask off your reflectors, you don't want to tint them, you can see in my sig the back of my capri with the old tinted lenses and reflectors showin through
-
we got about half and inch or so but still enough to have a play in a carpark on the way to work! Got my chopper cycle out too and went for a ride before work, only fell off twice
-
Yeah they are legal as long as the original colour shines through. I had red tintson my Capri and it failed the MOT on 'reverse lights showing through pink' or someting along those lines. Just dont pile it on too thick and make sure you use some good stuff. OMP is really good and the small tin lasts forever! I tinted my Capri, 190e, Cortina and mates W124 Merc and still had some left!
-
Yep! It was in my first year at Uni, used to hoon it around the campus all the time!
-
I totally forgot antifreeze as I lashed the engine back together in august to get it fired up again, filled with water and forgot about it. Engine out last weekend to replace coreplugs and the thermostat housnig has cracked in two!!
-
Good few years ago, in my Uni campus http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rnnum0TWFl8
-
Got this video on my old Myspace page, Id like to post it on youtube for all to see but the only 'copy' i have is this link!! http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ID=5987021 Does anyone know how i can get it to post it? Cheers guys oh and this one too! http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... id=6078575
-
Need to wire an electric fan FAST! Need HELP! #NOW WITH PIC#
Daveyboy20 replied to Daveyboy20's topic in CHIT CHAT
Right thanks mate, Im off to try an do this before it gets dark. Cheers for your help! -
Need to wire an electric fan FAST! Need HELP! #NOW WITH PIC#
Daveyboy20 replied to Daveyboy20's topic in CHIT CHAT
Cool cheers mate, its not likely to blow straight away if its wrong though is it? Sorry for all the questions! -
Need to wire an electric fan FAST! Need HELP! #NOW WITH PIC#
Daveyboy20 replied to Daveyboy20's topic in CHIT CHAT
All it says is DENSO 12v made in Malaysia! You reckon 30amp? Evildave said something about 15amp is he refering to somethin else? Top be honset the only amp I know is an electric guitar amp! -
Need to wire an electric fan FAST! Need HELP! #NOW WITH PIC#
Daveyboy20 replied to Daveyboy20's topic in CHIT CHAT
Cheers Copey, will it say on the fan somewhere or something? -
Need to wire an electric fan FAST! Need HELP! #NOW WITH PIC#
Daveyboy20 replied to Daveyboy20's topic in CHIT CHAT
Evil Dave what size fuse do i need? and when you say make sure the switch is rated does it just say on it somewhere what amps it is? Im perfectly capable mechanically but lost when it comes to even the simplest bit of electrics -
Need to wire an electric fan FAST! Need HELP! #NOW WITH PIC#
Daveyboy20 replied to Daveyboy20's topic in CHIT CHAT
So blue wire goes into the cockpit and to a switch then back to the (+) terminal. black earth to body and long black to (-)? What about an in line fuse what do i need and what rating etc.. Thanks a lot for your help mate -
Need to wire an electric fan FAST! Need HELP! #NOW WITH PIC#
Daveyboy20 replied to Daveyboy20's topic in CHIT CHAT
Heres a pic [/img] -
Need to wire an electric fan FAST! Need HELP! #NOW WITH PIC#
Daveyboy20 replied to Daveyboy20's topic in CHIT CHAT
There is a plug coming off, there is a blue wire and a black wire. The black wire splits into two and bolts to the car body so i rpesume is an earth. The original blue and black wires go into a plug coming out of that plug is a green wire which goes to the thermostat plug. Would I be right in thinking I strip all this back put the blue wire to (+) terminal the long black wire to (-) terminal and the short earth on to the body. loop one of the wire (which one blue or black?) into the cabin and through a rocker switch with a 10amp in line fuse? -
Not striktly the right place I know but I need to know how to do this ASAP as my mum needs her car tomorrow for work. Basically, the radiator is rotten and its always overheating its had shed loads of radweld etc.. New rad is £100 from proton (its a proton aeroback) and no scrappies have any. My mate scrapped her Micra so I whizzed the rad yesterday but the bottom hose is in a different place, Ive managed to splice a load of hoses together so its all hooked up now but the old rad had a thermostat to control the electric fan. The new one hasnt got a thermostat so I presume I can just wire up the old fan to a switch in the cabin to manually control it? I have a switch and plenty of wire, I know its piss easy but Im clueless with electrics, how do I wire it up? Thanks in advance
-
I see, and this would still happen if it was not fitted to the engine and running? I feel I may have put the wrong spring in, is a service kit supposed to come with a replacement spring? The arm and whole unit seems almost locked to the opoint where I dont want to force it through fear of it breaking the diaphragm. Ill have to dismantle it again and see where I've gone wrong. Come to think of it, when I was testing the throttle, it seemed altogether a lot stiffer the first couple of attempts, I wonder if Ive broken the new diaphragm? Hope not! Thanks for the help mate
-
Cheers mate, its on the side of the auto choke, so its rocker cover side. It has an arm with a small wheel on which rests on just found this pic Its number one on the top left pic. it doesnt move when the throttle is opened (off the car), is that right?
-
Never really played with a carb in bits, always just swapped them! I've Just 'rebuilt' my 32/36 dgav (3d3) with new diaphragms and seals and power valve , new gaskets etc.. one of the diaphragms (i think it might be the enrichment device? it has like a plunger going through the centre and an arm with a 'wheel') doesnt seem to move when the throttle is opened is it because its not fitted to the engine and running? Also, I had to setup the brass floats "41mm from the surface" I presumed this is looking down on the floats? rather than holding them up in the air so they 'dangle'? I did it looking down on them. Also, the power valve diaphragm was goosed and when i pressed the spring down and covered the small hole the spring popped straight back up, I replaced it with a new one but the spring still pops back up with the little hole covered - albiet with more resistance and an audible hiss when you let off the hole. Can anyone shed any light on any of my 'problems' as I've never stripped a carb (well, I have but never stripped it and then put it back together with the hope it'll work!) Help much appreciated as its cost me nearly £50 to rebuild it so far and don't wanna feck it up! Im tempted to throw it in the bin and buy one of the motorbike carb full setups off ebay!
-
Yep its been quite some time now! Thanks for the welcome back