Jump to content

Monkfish

Members
  • Posts

    386
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Monkfish

  1. Monkfish

    SNOW

    Here...
  2. Monkfish

    Northeners

    Not until you've graduated to meat and potato pies, and corned beef hash.
  3. Volvo 850 T5 serves me proudly Dunno about insurance though as I've got traders' cover. Yeh it's turbo, but it's a Volvo too, so can't be that bad!
  4. Monkfish

    4WD'ing

    The fire brigade reckoned he'd have walked away in most other cars. As it was he broke every rib on his right side at least twice, and punctured a lung. The worse part? After getting his insurance payout he splurged it on another SJ! I suppose if a near death experience doesn't put you off them they can't be all bad...
  5. Monkfish

    4WD'ing

    Just be grateful you ended up on your roof, and not sideways into a tree as my mate did!
  6. Monkfish

    4WD'ing

    Having seen a friend's SJ after he crashed it and visited him in hospital for weeks on end, I wouldn't have one if it was free and came with a lifetime's subscription to Jugs magazine.
  7. They're definitely different, but couldn't tell you how! I'm guessing it's something to do with the shape...
  8. That should be lively!
  9. From the South West to the North East in an afternoon (and evening). 330 miles with bucket seats, no carpets, roll cage and a rapidly diminishing will to live. Oh, and I realised after an hour that I'd forgotten my ear plugs and cushion. NOT a mistake I've made again since!
  10. You're all entitled to your opinions, however wrong they may be.
  11. Happy Birthday mate! Have an awesome day!
  12. Quality stuff. As tempting as the floral design is, it wont be going any of those combinations...
  13. When it decided to conk out on the M1 for a while...
  14. This will be the Cortina's last runout of the year, before strip-down and fun times
  15. Thanks Toby, it's nice to hear I've touched someone and then not been arrested for it!
  16. No, in that case a picture tells a thousand words...
  17. Go and see cool stuff. Get home, then write about cool stuff.
  18. I've got a set running on a completely standard 2-litre which, in my opinion, makes it go, rev and sound better than it would on a normal twin-choke - it's arguably better on fuel too, and idles etc equally as well. I'm not sure what the set-up would have cost, but I reckon it makes for a pretty decent, cheapish mod. However, that's on a standard 100bhp or so engine, and let's just say I wont be ditching the 48s on my Ashton Pinto in favour of them.
  19. Nah, they're 15x7-inch Compomotives, FH I think... I like 'em!
  20. Awesome. Saw that on the news the other day, think the 'crossdressers' were out on a stag night.
  21. It's a cracker, I promise to look after this one. It should be all one colour in the next couple of weeks, too, so expect some more photos!
  22. Learned to drive in one, and was so pitifully gutless that I had to apologise to the test examiner for failing to keep up with the flow of traffic.
×
×
  • Create New...