stevepeanut
Members-
Posts
2,474 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Events
Everything posted by stevepeanut
-
have you got a pic of the car/engine bay that its going into? I always think they look nice colour coded with the cars colour
-
anyone fancy popping over to leeds with a timing gun and setting up my engine in exchange for a few beers?
-
can you drive a transit type recovery truck on a normal car licence?
-
I have had a few funny looks when I said " I want out of the loft job, might be able to get a job delivering drugs"
-
cheers Dave, I just want out of it, my mate delivers drugs to the chemists, he's seeing if he can get me in doing that. Driving around in a transit all day dropping stuff off, sounds good to me. Sick of crawling round red hot dirty lofts
-
Leeming Lodge Classic Ford Meet[Formaly Scotch Corner]
stevepeanut replied to ANDY ELLIS's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
not looking good at all for me to make this now, shame the cortina is about 1 hours work away from being ready with its new engine, hopefully do the next one -
6 of my jobs have failed inspection this week, so thats 6x£25 fines and they have took £150 off my wages, £100 off this week, £50 off next week I'm about 1 hour work away from finishing the cortina, and I aint got enough to pay my half of the bills, so the car is on hold. Worse part is, my jobs have failed cos the Apple Pies I work for, have ran out of the things I need to do my jobs 100% properly, fighting it with my boss and head office but thats another story
-
I used to go on a bike forum, and there was no white line it made things so hard to read
-
just done that and its working, cheers
-
just seen it, look well straight and original
-
Neil call into steel supermarket in morley, they might be able to help
-
adrian flux are brilliant, didnt even charge me when I rang up and said I had fitted a rollcage in the capri fine when I changed my cortina from 1.6 to 2.0 too
-
just tried that, still the same
-
I use firefox, every month or so, I got on osf, the main page loads up ok, but as soon as I click forum I get this, huge bit in the middle but theres another sentence at the bottom, anyone know whats up. It works fine on internet explorer Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit. Cookie: oldsphpB_phpbb_data=a%3A2%3A%7Bs%3A11%3A%22autologinid%22%3Bs%3A32%3A%22d6f7b9090c5670c797e9c2eeef2ee6de%22%3Bs%3A6%3A%22userid%22%3Bi%3A7463%3B%7D; oldsphpB_phpbb_7463_uf=1271447543; oldsphpB_phpbb_7463_u=a%3A183%3A%7Bi%3A115108%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115201%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115114%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115160%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A113962%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114147%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115154%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115171%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A90452%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A87964%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115159%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115155%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A88161%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A96745%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A95897%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115143%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114792%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115158%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A85302%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A93989%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A106941%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A106969%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115172%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A113681%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115136%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115164%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115161%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115148%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114381%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115052%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115139%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115215%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114367%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114451%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115100%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115183%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A113988%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A112466%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115140%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114544%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115196%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114687%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115135%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115144%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115186%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115184%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115188%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115210%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115219%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115211%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115193%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115208%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115216%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115223%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115213%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115190%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115234%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115233%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115228%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115224%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115226%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115232%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115229%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115207%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115189%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115200%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115209%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115214%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115221%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115218%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115222%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115194%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A102255%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115137%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114208%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115099%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A113715%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114737%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115112%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115187%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115192%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115204%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115129%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115073%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115202%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115197%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114349%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115057%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115153%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115163%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115195%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115106%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115077%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115131%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115227%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115149%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114541%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115123%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A78115%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A58234%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115130%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115231%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115146%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115203%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A8438%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114796%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115147%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114525%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115138%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115165%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A111422%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115179%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A111650%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A109856%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115168%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114701%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115101%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115127%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115206%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115150%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115097%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A95150%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A112925%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A93369%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115177%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115157%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115156%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A102129%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A30460%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115176%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115173%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115175%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114081%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114479%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115067%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A113516%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115128%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115230%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115170%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115169%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114866%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115072%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115062%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114821%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A112118%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115182%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115116%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115162%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115104%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114140%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115180%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115174%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115040%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114802%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115082%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115002%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114828%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115047%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115075%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114965%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115020%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114894%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114897%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115023%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114830%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114980%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114955%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115124%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114956%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114967%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114875%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115050%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114984%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114927%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114997%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115145%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115000%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A114958%3Bi%3A0%3Bi%3A115291%3Bi%3A342250%3Bi%3A115313%3Bi%3A342250%3Bi%3A115243%3Bi%3A342250%3Bi%3A115118%3Bi%3A342250%3Bi%3A110480%3Bi%3A342250%3B%7D; oldsphpB_phpbb_7463_t=a%3A129%3A%7Bi%3A115199%3Bi%3A1271697129%3Bi%3A115076%3Bi%3A1271624852%3Bi%3A115191%3Bi%3A1272138655%3Bi%3A115225%3Bi%3A1271624899%3Bi%3A114813%3Bi%3A1271625438%3Bi%3A115181%3Bi%3A1271625487%3Bi%3A115267%3Bi%3A1271709500%3Bi%3A115284%3Bi%3A1271709128%3Bi%3A115266%3Bi%3A1271709138%3Bi%3A114505%3Bi%3A1271709448%3Bi%3A114723%3Bi%3A1271710496%3Bi%3A115298%3Bi%3A1272137749%3Bi%3A115314%3Bi%3A1272057199%3Bi%3A115152%3Bi%3A1271790699%3Bi%3A115316%3Bi%3A1272195347%3Bi%3A115167%3Bi%3A1271969369%3Bi%3A115217%3Bi%3A1271791233%3Bi%3A115287%3Bi%3A1271791285%3Bi%3A115305%3Bi%3A1271791297%3Bi%3A114923%3Bi%3A1271791528%3Bi%3A115258%3Bi%3A1272483118%3Bi%3A115279%3Bi%3A1272057373%3Bi%3A115422%3Bi%3A1272139881%3Bi%3A115276%3Bi%3A1272046957%3Bi%3A115288%3Bi%3A1272838172%3Bi%3A115401%3Bi%3A1272046890%3Bi%3A68705%3Bi%3A1272049395%3Bi%3A113371%3Bi%3A1272049441%3Bi%3A113372%3Bi%3A1272049452%3Bi%3A109692%3Bi%3A1272057504%3Bi%3A113710%3Bi%3A1272057578%3Bi%3A115409%3Bi%3A1272096702%3Bi%3A115450%3Bi%3A1272059337%3Bi%3A115457%3Bi%3A1272061171%3Bi%3A115363%3Bi%3A1272195198%3Bi%3A114666%3Bi%3A1272060165%3Bi%3A115198%3Bi%3A1272060199%3Bi%3A115459%3Bi%3A1272060558%3Bi%3A115393%3Bi%3A1272060583%3Bi%3A115447%3Bi%3A1272060641%3Bi%3A115462%3Bi%3A1272137732%3Bi%3A115492%3Bi%3A1272701614%3Bi%3A115478%3Bi%3A1272139251%3Bi%3A115487%3Bi%3A1272307521%3Bi%3A115469%3Bi%3A1272138711%3Bi%3A115488%3Bi%3A1272148785%3Bi%3A115485%3Bi%3A1272139907%3Bi%3A113658%3Bi%3A1272140074%3Bi%3A115499%3Bi%3A1272149417%3Bi%3A115498%3Bi%3A1272141466%3Bi%3A115500%3Bi%3A1272195254%3Bi%3A115472%3Bi%3A1272148797%3Bi%3A115483%3Bi%3A1272811325%3Bi%3A115474%3Bi%3A1272149405%3Bi%3A112658%3Bi%3A1272195372%3Bi%3A115095%3Bi%3A1272229056%3Bi%3A115545%3Bi%3A1272486700%3Bi%3A115547%3Bi%3A1272821279%3Bi%3A115505%3Bi%3A1272307514%3Bi%3A115550%3Bi%3A1272486471%3Bi%3A115555%3Bi%3A1272303805%3Bi%3A114882%3Bi%3A1272306468%3Bi%3A115563%3Bi%3A1272486376%3Bi%3A115658%3Bi%3A1272483137%3Bi%3A115649%3Bi%3A1272483171%3Bi%3A115583%3Bi%3A1272483182%3Bi%3A115590%3Bi%3A1272486269%3Bi%3A115621%3Bi%3A1272486358%3Bi%3A115606%3Bi%3A1272486450%3Bi%3A115632%3Bi%3A1272486463%3Bi%3A115661%3Bi%3A1272486527%3Bi%3A113673%3Bi%3A1272486537%3Bi%3A41427%3Bi%3A1272487683%3Bi%3A115670%3Bi%3A1272824740%3Bi%3A73041%3Bi%3A1272558300%3Bi%3A115669%3Bi%3A1272558377%3Bi%3A115730%3Bi%3A1272606889%3Bi%3A115747%3Bi%3A1272701666%3Bi%3A115790%3Bi%3A1272993418%3Bi%3A115830%3Bi%3A1272811542%3Bi%3A115823%3Bi%3A1272811553%3Bi%3A115816%3Bi%3A1272811561%3Bi%3A115831%3Bi%3A1272811612%3Bi%3A115794%3Bi%3A1272832855%3Bi%3A115785%3Bi%3A1272811710%3Bi%3A115668%3Bi%3A1272811744%3Bi%3A115829%3Bi%3A1272811960%3Bi%3A115796%3Bi%3A1272811988%3Bi%3A115836%3Bi%3A1272904873%3Bi%3A115817%3Bi%3A1272816116%3Bi%3A115839%3Bi%3A1272822560%3Bi%3A115838%3Bi%3A1272821954%3Bi%3A115815%3Bi%3A1272821978%3Bi Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 Server at oldskoolford.co.uk Port 80
-
do you mean the colour of the cap itself, thats orangeybrown. Theres a single adjusting screw, it says in my haynes book, if theres 1 screw its bosch
-
cheers, all I need to do is figure out a way to lock the points in the right place and then get it timed properly and it should be all ready to go might try and get the screw out tomorrow night, see if it needs replacing
-
followed wpe's advice and set engine to tdc and matched the rotor arm to lead one. So thats all correct. Another friend suggested I double check the little rod behind the fuel pump to make sure it isnt worn, and he said use the one from my 1.6 cos we know that works ok. Took the fuel pump off the new 2.0 engine and...there was no rod, so the engine wasnt getting fuel. Put the rod in, and primed the pump, so fuel is ok now. Zetec mike told to me to check for a spark on my plug, done that, no spark. Checked the points in the top of the dizzy and they were shut even when the engine was turned right through. Managed to set the gap on those to .5mm and the engine fired up. Only problem is, the little screw that locks the plate on the points wont tighten, it just goes round and round, so I can get the points set, but a little knock is all its going to take to push it totally closed again. Anyone with any ideas about the locking screw?
-
I am pretty sure everything is set as it should be, I'll double check it all tomorrow, then I'll check to make sure the spark is ok, (should be, only moved the pinto out then in) and check to make sure its getting fuel
-
proper funny
-
cheers that all makes sense, only thing I am confused with standing at the passenger wing, facing the car, I had the dizzy dropped in place with the vaccum to my right, the mark on the inside of the dizzy was at 5 o clock which would be opposite 11 o clock
-
Leeming Lodge Classic Ford Meet[Formaly Scotch Corner]
stevepeanut replied to ANDY ELLIS's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
can I come in my purple vitara lol, doesnt look like I'll make it, its a long way to push a cortina -
Yorkshire Meet -- SUNDAY 19th SEPTEMBER @ 1pm
stevepeanut replied to mk14dr's topic in SHOWS, EVENTS & MEETS
couldnt make this either, cortina wont start -
no not had the belt off, its been stored in good condition at my mates since he fitted his new high power pinto not sure about the timing marks, not looked at those
-
set to tdc, shone a torch down no1 piston plug hole made sure the piston was on the way up, set the mark on the bottom pulley to the line on the engine, and made sure the high bit of the cam was at the top, by looking in the engine oil hole. Took out the distributor, re-fitted it with the rotor arm pointing at the mark on the inside, next to plug wire number one. Been out for 30 mins and it still wont fire up. Even worse than yesterday, at least yesterday I had a couple of times where it nearly fired. Stuck now, dont know what else to do